New Jersey
Options

Confessions Thursday

If you have a confession to share or just simply want to vent, please do so here.

Whether it is knot related or not knot related (sounds funny ha), go for it!

I will start.  I'm at my wits end with this lady at work who loudly listens to her radio. She won't invest in headphones and leaves it blaring when she leaves her desk. Each day she goes to lunch, I lower it on her. I'm sure she notices.  She has anixety and personal issues that are not allowed to be discussed but it is fairly known from her "appointments" so I really am afraid to approach her. I dream about cutting the radio cord or just hiding it all together.  I am going batty sitting here when Lady Gaga appears on her radio.

Re: Confessions Thursday

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Since the whole surprise trip cancelation I've been milking it for everything it's worth with DH.  I got him to go out and get me a drink from Dunkin Donuts this moring and he agreed to go see "Valentine's Day" in the theater tomorrow night with me.  I've been saying things like, "Well since I already did something so nice for you..." (half kidding, but it's working).

The confession: I don't even particularly want to see "Valentine's Day" and I never thought he'd say yes.  So now I have to go and pretend I'm all about it.  This is a milestone.  He NEVER goes to see what I want in the theater and I picked the biggest chick flick of all time.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking that a confessions thread would be fun.  I'm thinking...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Play your own tunes to overpower hers, and it only be a matter of time until management insists on headphones
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiff, I love that haha! I'm hoping I can talk fi into seeing that movie too

User, I sit so close to my boss' office that I feel like I would get in trouble. She'd never get in trouble, people are intimidated by whatever is going on with her personally and sugar coat everything.  It's surprising some things that actually do go on in such a large, multinational company
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I fell this morning coming out of the house and I really wanted to scream at MH because he is not the greatest at cleaning off the steps, but I did not because then I felt bad because the man does a lot without complaining.  He also have been very good to me through out this whole pregnancy with my hormones and all. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am still in my pj's and I am not feeling great
    I can't find my camera battery charger and tomorrow is my makeup and hair trial, I am annoyed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, this is long-winded. ;-P  I am giant baby. I know this, so no one needs to tell me. =) But here's the story:

Something about this whole "till death do us part" thing makes me obsess over the "death" part. Like, if I call his cell and he doesn't answer, I sincerely start to worry. Sometimes I'm home and he's not, I start thinking, "how would react RIGHT NOW if I found out something terrible happened to him?"

I get genuinely upset about this on a somewhat regular basis. Crazy pants, right?

Anyway, last night we watched "Up." If you haven't seen it, the old guy is a widower, and they basically go thorough his entire relationship--from meeting his wife to her funeral--in about 5 minutes (it's at the beginning of the movie, so not really a spoiler). I was a wreck.

FI, being a normal sane person, did NOT get upset by this, and tries to comfort me with things like "this is not going to happen for a VERY VERY long time."

And I, being crazy, get upset that HE'S not upset. Like, "are you saying that the thought of us saying goodbye and me dying after we've spent 50 years together *doesn't* upset you?"

I feel terrible about it. But I was genuinely upset, and I cannot pretend to be happy when I'm upset. I swear, I have a hormone imbalance.

;-P
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen- I go through that do... for example, yesterday we we hanging some art on the walls of our new house and I started thinking about what if something were to happen right now when we are just getting our lives together started... I also think about how much pain my grandma went through (and still goes through) when she lost my grandpa.  But then you need to remember to live each day as it comes and that it is better that have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

My confession is that I am still in my pajamas..... since Tuesday night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Just Jen - I was a wreck during UP too! and i obsess if sometimes god forbid something happens right now, i would be a wreck.  And with the whole "till death do us part" - yea, i took this out of our Vows...i was not having the word "DEATH" in our wedding vows...we switched up alot of our vows to make it our own.

So you are not crazy - im w/ ya - but im also emotional too - everyone on here knows that already LOL

As for a confession - i spend too much time thinking about why some friends do or say what they say to me, when in the end, i know im the better person and they are "winning" by having me think about them more than i should! I hate that i get so upset about this.  I cramp up and cant be myself around these people and it kills me. 
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lola--I had a similar issue with a co-worker, drove me insane! I even looked into getting a white noise type thing for my desk, lol. I eventually started doing work while listening to classical music on my headphones. I don't even like classical music, but most of my job is reading and it's hard for me to read with songs with lyrics...anywayyyyy, luckily the woman was kind of crazy and couldn't handle multi-tasking so she ended up quiting/getting fired pretty quickly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_confessions-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fadfe1be-08f3-46cc-92ef-ba003bb3e7a1Post:e974d927-7dc7-4966-a384-c73b66b45cef">Re: Confessions Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like, if I call his cell and he doesn't answer, I sincerely start to worry. Sometimes I'm home and he's not, I start thinking, "how would react RIGHT NOW if I found out something terrible happened to him?" Posted by Just Jen[/QUOTE]
    I do this ALL the time. I know I've got some crazy tendencies but sometimes it drive me nuts!! FI and I text each other EVERY morning. I take the bus to the city so I text him when I get on the bus to let him know that I'm safe and say I love you. Sounds corny but we've been doing this for almost 5 years now so it's not gonna stop. A few times if he didn't reply right away after I texted I'd start panicking. Morseo when we weren't living together.

When I was little I used to panic whenever I'd think of the possibility of one of my parents dying. I lost my father very suddenly 7 months ago to cancer so my craziness has only gotten worse unfortunately. Now whenever something is wrong I automatically think it's cancer. Cancer really effing sucks. And my mom is only 52 and alone now, and in so much pain, and I would never want to go through that.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_confessions-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fadfe1be-08f3-46cc-92ef-ba003bb3e7a1Post:1d34b586-a5d6-4e9a-85b0-ce9d5392e86b">Re: Confessions Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I fell this morning coming out of the house and I really wanted to scream at MH because he is not the greatest at cleaning off the steps, but I did not because then I felt bad because the man does a lot without complaining.  He also have been very good to me through out this whole pregnancy with my hormones and all. 
    Posted by kle0113[/QUOTE]

LOL! I could totally see myself being pizzed off and yelling at him as if it's his fault that I fell.

That reminds me of the time my mom backed out of the garage without opening the door first and banged the whole door out of shape.  She said it was my fault because I was "rushing her". hahaha.  I had to sit outside all afternoon guarding out house and waiting for the repairmen.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My confession: I've been having a hard time lately being in OH. H travels all the time, and I got bored and lonely because I don't know anyone. This wasn't what I signed up for! I had initially agreed to two years in Seattle--now it's more like X years all over the country. Don't get me wrong on most days I am so grateful to get to live in different areas and it has really opened my eyes and changed me and H has a wonderful job that provides so many opportunities, but at a certain point you just want to be near friends and family because that's what's important in life. I also would really would like to have a house, but that just can't happen with our current lifestyle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_confessions-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fadfe1be-08f3-46cc-92ef-ba003bb3e7a1Post:e3876f1c-1c7b-4025-9881-a044006556be">Re: Confessions Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions Thursday : When I was little I used to panic whenever I'd think of the possibility of one of my parents dying. I lost my father very suddenly 7 months ago to cancer so my craziness has only gotten worse unfortunately. Now whenever something is wrong I automatically think it's cancer. Cancer really effing sucks. And my mom is only 52 and alone now, and in so much pain, and I would never want to go through that.
    Posted by rlb81[/QUOTE]

Since I lost my mom a year and half ago to cancer I have become a hypochondriac and suffered from anxiety. The stress of losing my mom wrecked havoc on my health last year. I did accupuncture which really helped me and I am finally in a better place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you ladies made me feel SO much better. FI was seriously perplexed by how I could possibly be this upset last night... it's good to hear from people who understand!

Thank you =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, I just turned down her radio when she was in the bathroom hahaha. I am so going to get caught!
    I really can't listen to headphones or music at my desk since I am hearing impaired in my right ear. I can hear 100% out of my left, but I like to be aware if someone were to sneak up behind me or walk by and not get seen say even on the knot.

JustJen, I totally sympathize. Tues night, I had to have my car put in the condo garage in front of Fi's because of the snow storm warnings. We usually don't do that often so I was calling him on the expressway to let him know I was on my way back.  I must've called a couple times but I was getting so nervous that something could've happened. I thought the craziest things, like what if someone broke in, or there was a fire, or he slipped and fell in the shower.  Then as I'm about to park and run in, he calls to say he'd be right down, his phones were still left on vibrate while he was surfing the web in the other room! I was so pissed but grateful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen... you are not alone. I do this all the time. Especially when it is raining/snowing etc. In addition to being crazy about what "if" with FI, mom - I tend to think what would happen to others if I died right then. It's a scary and sad thing to think whose lives would change and whose would continue on...

And UP- we watched it this weekend and I was a mess. The first time I saw it was with 3 girls from work and we were all crying like babies. It is truly an emotional roller coaster that movie! Did you watch the beginning Pixar short? It's the saddest/happiest thing ever! We rented from Red Box and it didn't have the short on there so I made FI google it so I could watch it.

Confession... I "worked from home" yesterday and really only did about 30 minutes of work.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    littledaisieslittledaisies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy I wasn't the only one that got upset when I saw Up.

JustJen- I completely understand how you feel and don't think you're a big baby. I worry about the same thing. It's actually a big reason why I never like to fight with him for long periods of time or go to bed angry. It's silly but I think what would happen if he left the house after a huge fight and something bad were to happen. The last thing memory is some stupid fight that probably isn't even worth it.

Before I met my fiance ,which is was about 5 years ago, he was in a relationship with a girl for a long time. One night he called her to say goodnight and during the night she suffered an aneurysm. That was the last time they spoke. I couldn't believe it when he told me because it sounds like something out of a movie. It really made me realize how quickly you could lose someone you love. I try not to let little things get between or be angry for too long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Littledaisies, that is a very heartbreaking story. It reminds us to cherish each moment and always say what we feel rather than hold it in.
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Little Daisies-- that's crazy! My exbofriend was engaged before we dated and he saw his FI drop dead from an aneurysm. This was about 5 years ago. He probably still isnt over it and ultimately it prevented us from lasting.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I RARELY cry suring movies.  I dont really know why, Im just not an overly outwardly emotional person.  HOWEVER, I BALLLLLED my eyes out when we watched Up.  I was sobbing like a baby.  Needless to say, it's such a good movie, but one I will not be watching again anytime sooN!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who has never seen UP?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Is "Up" a cartoon? I was looking on Netflix to add it to my list.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen it either.  Yes, Tiff it is a cartoon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never seen UP either...never even heard of it
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We watched Up this weekend as well, and I bawled.  I can't believe how sad that was and it's a cartoon.  I was a little upset that I even watched it.  Mike just kept handing me tissues and came over to my side of the couch to hug me.  I am a totaly cryer, but I haven't cried like this since the Green Mile.  I don't see myself watching Up again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards