New Jersey
Options

Speciality Cakes- Any reccs?

Happy V-day!

So I know I would like to surprise my fiance with a grooms cake at our rehersal.  I already know what I want it to look like, so I figured I should start looking at finding a bakery who can do the job. 

Any reccomendations?  I'm going to look into Pink Cake Box in Denville, but wanted to get some other ideas. 

TIA

Re: Speciality Cakes- Any reccs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Cake Boss - Carlos Bakery in Hoboken, but only because our venue uses them. The cake we tasted was great and they were very nice when we were there.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using pink cake box and they have been great to work with so far! I'll post about it in april after our wedding!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using this lady for my 30th bday cake.  She is a parent in my school.  She made a retirement cake for our secretary and it was delicious!  She worked for a bakery and is now trying it on her home.  She is affordable if that is a factor for you.

http://carliescreations.com/
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Palermo's Bakery and they're amazing.  My fiances grooms cake is a Jets helmet on top of a stadium, we saw a picture of the helmet that they have made previously and it looks awesome, made out of cake and fondant.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be weary of using someone that does it "on the side."  Look into their biz and their certifications.  If they do it by the book, they need a facility to do the baking that is approved by the FDA, which includes a dedicated oven for this type of work, not the oven in their house!  If people got sick for some reason, it could open up a can of worms.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards