New Jersey
Options

Reception Hall Pricing

Is anyone familiar with the pricing of the following reception halls for a Friday or Saturday in November. I know there will be a diffence between the days but I'm just looking for an average range.
Thanks

Primavera Regency
Valley Regency
Ill Villaggio
Highlwan Pavillion
Stone House @ Stirling Ridge
English Manor
Knoll Country Club

Also any reviews would be helpful as I'm just beginning my search.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Reception Hall Pricing

• Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked the Primavera for a Saturday Night in July.. there prices for the lower package started at $127 pp ++ but they were running a deal to get the upper package for the price of the lower package.  I'm not sure if they are still running it, but we went for a tasting yesterday... DELICIOUS.

The English Manor was $130 pp ++ for a Saturday

Valley Regency for my friends wedding in November was 125 ++ for a Saturday night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at the English Manor in August, on a Friday night and paid $90 per person
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and I absolutely adored the venue and had a teriffic experience there. I can't recommend them enough!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Highlawn and Stone House for my Spring wedding.  Highlawn was somewhere around $100/person  before tax/tip and they seemed very willing to negotiate.  Stone House was quite a bit more (I think around $175/person plus tax and tip).  I really liked Stone House but they didn't seem too flexible on the times and pricing, although I didn't try that hard.  I wasn't crazy about the room layout at Highlawn but it is a beautiful setting. I've eaten at the restaurant there and the food is pretty good.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reviews:

Primavera Regency -  Went to a wedding there about 5-6 yrs ago and they did a great job.

Valley Regency - Hardly here anything bad about that place, but it is pricey.

Highlwan Pavillion - DW's company parties are there.  The food is never good, and the room is odd shaped.

English Manor - Nice place, and you get it all to yourself.  Grounds are nice too and I heard the food is good.  I think the owner's of the Crystal Point own it, so the menu is similar.  I thought that the cocktail hour room was tight though, and the area for the DJ/Band is tight.  They actually require approval before you book a band because not all of them fit.

Knoll Country Club - Looked at it for our Eng party, just didn't like it.

Have you looked at Il Tulipano?  Season's?  Mayfair Farms? Tides? The Chancicler? Grand Marquis?
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    USER:
    We haven't looked anywhere yet I am just trying to get an idea of prices before I go somewhere totally out of my price range.

My requirements are 1 wedding at a time and the room should hold up to 200 guests. Also we'd like to stay under $150 per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def check out Il tulipano.  You get the whole place to yourself, which includes the awesome outdoor courtyard for the ceremony or cocktail hour.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking in North or Central NJ?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking at the ones you listed in the area are The Manor, Mayfair Farms are close to Highlawn Pavillion, and to Primavera there is Twin Brooks CC, Berkeley Plaza, The Grand Summit, The Madison Hotel.  Good Luck- The Stonehouse is awesome to look at, but the food reviews are not good and its very expensive.  Also, the bar is outside of the room if that matters to you.  They will try to offer you off days like Thursday to meet your price.  But it is $175 or more for a meal.
  • Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    North or Central would be fine either way.
    We'd like to stay in either Union, Middlesex, or Monmouth Counties
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knoll West fits those requirements and the food is yummy (had mine there) but they just went through a mgmt change so can't tell you if the prices have changed, decor, or what the new mgmt is like.  

Friday night will always be cheaper than a Saturday night. 

User - Perhaps things changed but when I talked to Il Tulipano they told me in no uncertain terms that they had 2 weddings at the same time.
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the bridal magazines, NJ Bride, maybe? has a pricing grid in the back by county.  The price ranges listed were pretty close to what I've found out in person.  Might be a good place to start to narrow places down.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have information about Crystal Plaza Saturday night pricing during the Spring? They told me it is "negotiable" but I am now hearing stories from others who went to the tour, fell in love with the place, and then were told a minimum of 200 per person, and up to as high as 300, without any negotiation. Does anyone have any idea of what the pricing actually is?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am looking for a Jan Saturday evening wedding. 
    Stone House:
    Price of Sit-Down Menu year round is $175 pp ++
    For the winter they offered a 10% discount (CRAZY)
    So it would be 157.50 ++ for the day.

We tried to negotiate further and they went down $2 pp. 
    I was a bit disappointed especially with a guarantee of 220 (we are inviting 287- a list that had been trimmed thoroughly)

We will NOT be getting married at the Stone House. The End

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Crystal Plaza -- beautiful!!  dont know prices though...  I am going to check out the Madison Hotel, Bretton Woods, and The Meadow Wood Manor...  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married last year at IL Villaggio on a Saturday night in September which is the high season and paid 150 so i know you would be able to get a better deal in November. 

They are great and the food is amazing there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards