New Jersey

ThePros.com or Party Central

Anyone have expierence with either one of these vendors? My fiance's cousin used thepros.com (in PA) and my bridesmaid use Party Central (NJ). Just want to get a feel if anyone else has delt with or looked into either one. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thx :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ThePros.com or Party Central

• I haven't dealt with either, but I've heard lots of bad things about The Pros. Funny question, what experience did your fiance's cousin and bridesmaid have using these companies??
  • I have only heard negatives about the pros.
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Fiance's cousin highly recommended them to me. I also saw her photo album and it is gorgeous!. However one of my bridesmaid had a bad expierence when interviewing with a photographer from them, she said he was very rude and basically told her he wouldn't come all the way down to where her venue was (not sure the details on where he was located). The same bridesmaid is the one who used Patry Central and highly recommends them. Not sure if I should go with a company that has all 3 or go to indivudual companies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard bad things about ThePros photography and videography, but I didn't know their were bad experiences for their DJ services.
  • I've never heard a good thing about the Pros. My student teacher used them and there pictures were so horrible they did a reshoot with another photographer about 3 months later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so glad I asked!! The bride that used their photography - her pictures were fantastic, but she also had her wedding in Pennsylvania, so I doubt I would get her photographer (as I'm in North Jersey), and it's really not something I want to play around with. To me the venue and the photographer are the most important vendors to choose correctly. If anyone has any recommendations for affordable photographers/videographers in the North Jersey area, I would greatly appreciate it!! Anyone use Ultimate Party Central for any vendors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_theproscom-or-party-central?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdaa9c56-bf84-4bf4-88c8-1676f06b0fdePost:7b9ef9fb-a6e4-4dd1-8cb1-b24da667d89c">Re: ThePros.com or Party Central</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad I asked!! The bride that used their photography - her pictures were fantastic, but she also had her wedding in Pennsylvania, so I doubt I would get her photographer (as I'm in North Jersey), and it's really not something I want to play around with. To me the venue and the photographer are the most important vendors to choose correctly. If anyone has any <strong>recommendations for affordable photographers/videographers in the North Jersey area,</strong> I would greatly appreciate it!! Anyone use Ultimate Party Central for any vendors?
    Posted by mmf1204[/QUOTE]
    We actually have a NJ Knottie vendor review site (<a href="http://nnjknottievendors.weebly.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">LINK</a>) that has proven very helpful for me. Now, you need to be more specific in defining what 'affordable' means to you. What is your price range and what type of coverage are you looking for both photo & video?
  • Ohh i'm definitely going to check out that link. I'm guessing $2k for the photog and I guess around the same for the videographer. I just started my research and so I don't know what is an acceptable amount. I know I can't spend $5k for just one, that would put me out of budget, although I've asked for quotes from some photographers that did beautiful work and thats what I'm hearing back from them.

I would need coverage for about 8 hours. Not sure about the videographer, originally I wasn't going to have one, but I heard thats one of the biggest regrets brides have is when they look at their budget the first thing they cut is the videographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oxlizxooxlizxo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

$2k for photographer might be harder to get , but many girls have gotten photographers for around that price range, I'm getting a huge discount on mine and am still paying almost $2k.

I don't think you should have a problem getting a videographer for $2k, probably for all-day coverage and a basic edit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! May I ask which vendors you are using for photo/video?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using RyoNo Photo for photography. <$2K for all-day shooting, 2 shooters and engagement shoot. I'm also using GT Modern Creations for my video which is $1500 for all-day, 2 shooters, 3 DVDs, 5min highlight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_theproscom-or-party-central?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdaa9c56-bf84-4bf4-88c8-1676f06b0fdePost:7763e1fc-e997-4dc5-bd99-caab2c697a33">Re: ThePros.com or Party Central</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using RyoNo Photo for photography. <$2K for all-day shooting, 2 shooters and engagement shoot. I'm also using GT Modern Creations for my video which is $1500 for all-day, 2 shooters, 3 DVDs, 5min highlight.
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Wow thats great! I'm definitely going to have to quote them as well. Thats all i do at work lately is get quotes and quotes and quotes...then review review review..lol..My FI and I have pretty much picked a venue and saved the date with them, going to do the tasting in a few weeks. I have such committment phobia with the venue...lol..but I'm in LOVE with the place and have been since I saw it online...driving up to it, it just solidified it in my mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Look at Robert Wayne Photography and GT Modern.  You'll be a little more than $2k for photos depending on what you want and maybe a little less than $2k on the video and both of them do excellent work.  They're both frequently recommended on this forum.
  • Thank you all so much for the input! What a great help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_theproscom-or-party-central?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdaa9c56-bf84-4bf4-88c8-1676f06b0fdePost:04f41760-82f1-4883-83ce-a9be388fc9fd">Re: ThePros.com or Party Central</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ThePros.com or Party Central : Wow thats great! I'm definitely going to have to quote them as well. Thats all i do at work lately is get quotes and quotes and quotes...then review review review..lol..My FI and I have pretty much picked a venue and saved the date with them, going to do the tasting in a few weeks. I have such committment phobia with the venue...lol..but I'm in LOVE with the place and have been since I saw it online...driving up to it, it just solidified it in my mind.
    Posted by mmf1204[/QUOTE]
    I'm the exact same way. This wedding has totally consumed my life. I'm not being a very good employee right now! At least it will be over in about 3 weeks. Good luck on all of your planning!
  • Thanks! and Good Luck on your big day!! How exciting!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blueikaosblueikaos member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    If by Party Central you mean ULTIMATE party central, then I've gotten rave reviews of them from someone who's used them.
    I've seen them at bridal expos and plan on setting up a meeting with them myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes I do mean ULTIMATE. My friend who used them LOVED them and I had her bring over her wedding photo album again since now I'm looking at it from a different point of view. I just recieved a quote from them online and seems like you do get a lot for for your $, which is always a plus. Please feel free to keep me posted after your meeting, I'd love to know your thoughts. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards