New Jersey

outdoor wedding and reception in nj?

hello :)
i'm recently engaged and planning for a late may or june 2011 wedding. i'm frantically trying to book the reception/ceremony venue, but i cant seem to find what i'm looking for.
i'm hoping for a comfortable, casual, natural outdoor wedding. i had previously been looking at beach locations, but lately i'm leaning more towards an old mansion/estate idea. i am insterested in the oakside mansion, but was wondering if anyone else has had a recent outdoor wedding and has ideas.
thanks!

Re: outdoor wedding and reception in nj?

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Brettonwoods in Morris Plains - the ceremony site in the Garden's is really beatiful and Joe Z. that we met with there was really nice. He had a lot of dates in May/June 2011, even Saturday nights, so he will work with you on price if you like it. It was out #2, but we went with something more modern, but we were both really in love with the outside of the mansion, it's stunning.

Photobucket
  • Nikki83185Nikki83185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into The English Manor in Ocean Township, next to Asbury Pak. We are getting married there in June and they have been wonderful so far.
  • edited December 2011

I know some people have mixed reviews of this place but Shadowbrook in Shrewsbury NJ. Also Sprink Lake Manor in Spring Lake. It is right across from the beach and I don't know how much room they have for outside but it may be worth a look.

• heather8301heather8301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my cousin got married at shadowbrook - the ceremony was beautiful! although i wasn't a huge fan of the reception room, they may have options though.
  • edited December 2011
    check out the brooklake country club,the molly pitcher inn, and the mill in spring lake. I am a live event painter, so i go to many weddings to paint a picture of the reception. Each of these venues have outdoor areas and overlook lovely scenery, so you feel like you are outside.
    i have pictures from weddings i painted at there at www.perfectpresentusa.com/eventpaintings.html

best of luck
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking for places I saw a lot of the ones people have mention. I loved The Mill in Spring Lake - it was just out of my price range (I think it started at $150pp for a Saturday night - the other problem was that we have a lot of out-of-town guests and I lot of the hotels in the shore area for a summer wedding require a 3-night minimum, so that added to people's cost that we didn't want to do).  I saw Shadowbrook and really loved the ceremony space, but the reception area is very dark (wood-panelled walls), small dance floor area, and the room was in a L-shape so people wouldn't even see all the other tables.  Just went to a wedding at Brooklake CC and I have nothing bad to say (gorgeous area, nice service, amazing food, great cocktail and reception rooms), but again expensive.  My fiance was in the wedding and I think the groom said the rate started at $150 for a Friday wedding, and we really wanted Saturday night.  I am actually having mine at the Bridgewater Manor.  They have a patio/gazebo area for an outdoor ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards