New Jersey
Options

confused about when to pay church

So we just hit the 2 month mark (exciting!) and I was trying to figure out when all the final payments are due and I am a little bit confused. When am I supposed to pay the church fee & organist fee? They haven't said anything but now I'm not sure if I am supposed to mail a check before the wedding or pay the day of? What has everyone else done?? Help! 

Re: confused about when to pay church

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think it depends on the Parish but my Priest said that I had to pay for both at the rehersal.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid at the rehersal.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We paid at one of the final meetings with the priest ... but that was because my mom gave me a check so I just gave it to the priest. He never asked me to bring it that specific day.

Call and ask if you are unsure. I imagine they'll tell you, but if you want to get it paid for and over with then ask if you can bring it by there soon.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid at the rehearsal.
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid at our last meeting since my dad wanted to get it out of the way.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rehearsal and music was when we went over the music with the organist.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always heard you don't have to pay until the day/night of the rehearsal..unless you wanted to pay earlier than that. We plan on paying the night of our rehearsal.
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um... why not contact the church to find out?  That's what I would do.  It's like coming on here going, "Hey, when do I pay the band?"
  • Options
    traycoll8traycoll8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um... I will obviously call the church and find out, I was just seeing what other people have done. Thanks to those of you who gave me helpful answers. 
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_confused-pay-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fff55e47-c4e1-4880-b4bc-35e72bf09667Post:55fbe017-9a6b-4790-8414-1ee12db77d43">Re: confused about when to pay church</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um... I will obviously call the church and find out, I was just seeing what other people have done. Thanks to those of you who gave me helpful answers. 
    Posted by traycoll8[/QUOTE]

Every church is different, so what other people have done, isn't really relevant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards