Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Anyone doing a Signature Drink?

I want to do one but not sure what yet.  I had a fantastic Sangria the other night that I thought could be good, as it can be made ahead of time and it would have fruit in it etc., which is refreshing to me.  But I kinda want one in our colors, which would be a fuschia color. The Sangria would be a deep maroon type color so that could work though....

Anyone doing one, and if so what are you doing?

Re: Anyone doing a Signature Drink?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh!  Sounds fun.  We're not doing a signature drink, but could you do something like:

Cranberry Lemonade with Vodka
    Rose Champagne with cranberries or raspberries dropped in it
    Cosmos (with a different name ;))

I found this recipe online:
    RASPBERRY FLIRTINI
    1 part VOX Raspberry Vodka
    1/2 part Chambord
    1 part Champagne (float)

I LOVE Chambord (blackberry liqueor).

You could always garnish with an edible flower, too!

Let us know what you pick :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are making malibu and pineapple as our signature drink, since yellow is one of our wedding colors. Plus this is one of my favorite drinks. I think its really cute and different to have a sign drink too! Good luck and happy drinking to finding the "one"!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We want to do a signature drink but haven't figured one out yet.  It needs to be red, delicious, and fit our hollywood theme.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    pineapple and malibu...YUM!  i want one right now.  :)
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This is a good idea, hadn't even thought about that.  I love Cosmos, maybe that could work, but malibu and pineapple sounds good too.  Probably need something with blue curacao in it, our colors are turquoise and red.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Malibu & Pineapple is my drink too. We are not doing a signature drink...but I think it is an amazing idea...and love the sangria idea. Red wine with fruit is ALWAYS a good idea ; )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding color was red and champange, so we had a pomogrante martini as our signature drink....along with champange, of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there such a thing as a gold drink? I'd love to have a signature drink :)
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the sangria.  Sangria's one of our wedding colors, so why not match it with a drink?  Plus, even people who don't like wine enjoy sangria.  I love how colorful it is with fruit inside.  We're going for colorful.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-doing-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0250fc09-5c55-4693-8075-086742f24f55Post:4ba12cc3-ad2c-4959-9d97-d8fc80dbe024">Re: Anyone doing a Signature Drink?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there such a thing as a gold drink? I'd love to have a signature drink :)
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Bellini Martini is gold, and would make a great signature drink.  It's champagne, vodka, peach schnaps, peach nectar.  If you're in Vegas or anywhere there's a Blue Martini, they have them there.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing the signature drink in Vegas... well at least we hadn't planned on it.  We are going to have one at our AHR and hoping to find a drink while we are in Vegas for the wedding to be the signature drink at home!

I do have a kick-ass drink recipe that we use too much already to be our signature drink but am willing to give up the recipe.  IT IS FANTASTIC and can be made with all sorts of juices, so the color selection is endless!  I have not made it for one person who didn't have several drinks or ask me for the recipe! :)
  • Options
    VireydaVireyda member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do a sangria with a white or rose wine and use berries instead of the usual citrus fruits and you'll get a lighter, pinker sangria than with a red.  Personally, I like sangria with white wine better - It doesn't hit me as hard as the red wine does.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-doing-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0250fc09-5c55-4693-8075-086742f24f55Post:edfe33e4-3304-43b2-9334-e243a195fb8a">Re: Anyone doing a Signature Drink?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have a kick-ass drink recipe that we use too much already to be our signature drink but <strong>am willing to give up the recipe.</strong>  IT IS FANTASTIC and can be made with all sorts of juices, so the color selection is endless!  I have not made it for one person who didn't have several drinks or ask me for the recipe! :)Posted by bcschuman[/QUOTE]

Yes, do tell please!

Thanks for all the responses, it's fun hearing ideas and what people would like, and are even doing.  I do still like the Sangria idea, I keep forgetting that our Suite decor is red based, as is the cake (grey/red/blue), so I'm thinking maybe a red/purplish Sangria would go better in the Suite over a bright fuschia drink anyways.

@vireyda - Good call, definitely going to try this out!

Any other ideas, keep em coming!  It will be fun to do a bunch of taste tests, after I do I'll post about them of course;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_anyone-doing-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0250fc09-5c55-4693-8075-086742f24f55Post:edfe33e4-3304-43b2-9334-e243a195fb8a">Re: Anyone doing a Signature Drink?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are not doing the signature drink in Vegas... well at least we hadn't planned on it.  We are going to have one at our AHR and hoping to find a drink while we are in Vegas for the wedding to be the signature drink at home! I do have a kick-ass drink recipe that we use too much already to be our signature drink but am <strong>willing to give up the recipe.</strong>  IT IS FANTASTIC and can be made with all sorts of juices, so the color selection is endless!  I have not made it for one person who didn't have several drinks or ask me for the recipe! :)
    Posted by bcschuman[/QUOTE]

Please do share!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We chose two of the signiture drinks on the China Grill menu (a sake gin fiz and ginger mohito).  The bartenders had several of them ready when our guests arrived for cocktail hour and offered them to guests when they approached the bar.  Most had one of them as their first drink of the night and I think it was a success. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards