Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Wedding Planning -- Looking for Value, Where to Start?

I am posting as a MOH (living in Phoenix) for a bride (who lives in Montana) looking to plan her wedding in Vegas!  She's looking for this summer, and we really don't know where to start.

- Since there will be a larger reception in Montana, we're planning for a smaller group (25-40 people) and trying to get a good value-for-the-dollar in Vegas.
- I've read through some of these boards and we think an in-suite reception would be a good fit for us so that we could bring our own alcohol and either do light apps provided by the hotel or catered in.
- What hotels/suites/packages should be on our short list to pull this off on a budget?  Mandalay Bay came to mind first for us, but we're definitely willing to do research and call around for other options where we could do a ceremony and then host an in-suite reception with our own supplies.

Thanks so much for any info you can provide to get us started!  We're excited and want to start checking availability ASAP!  :-)

Re: Vegas Wedding Planning -- Looking for Value, Where to Start?

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Welcome and Happy Planning!!!

Have you set a budget and a date?? That would help with suggestions.

You could look at Mandalay Bay (Vista or Media suite), MGM (Terrace), Aria, Planet Hollywood for some in suites, they have pretty good sized ones.

Most I think have used Masterpiece Catering for food, but there is also Jason's Deli, Maggianos, Q'doba that cater too.

HTH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the quick respone! 

No budget yet, trying to parallel path figuring out what everyone can afford at the same time as we figure out what is realistic.  

Tentatively looking at the weekend of June 17, but super flexible based on whatever is available.  Just looking at this summer.  I think finding the location and what is available will determine the date.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Okay, you could start by seeing what ceremony venues are open for June 17.

Also look at some of the other Vegas knotties, there's a link in my signature to see what they have done, that could help with ideas too.

Welcome to the board!!!!Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your options will be diminishing quickly if you're thinking June so best to move fast if possible.  I'm getting married in June and booked several of our vendors four or five months ago and some that we contacted were already booked for our weekend.  Popular photographers, venues and dj's get booked way in advance it seems.  If you do an in-suite that will give you more options but even those can fill up.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!!!

I agree with pp...you better move fast. When I called MB they were completly sold out of the larger suites for an insuite the weekend of our wedding June 4. Also ALL the rooms at PH are booked. We booked our photag about 13 months out and our first choice was Bently & Wilson and they got a deposit from another bride 2 days before they got mine...(and they were going to let me spend the $$ for one of their intern associates...no thanks) but luckily we got Mike L. which Im even more happy about now.

I would def contact some vendors...locations...see whats available and base your date around it since its so close...you might not be able to have the date you want...ohh and also...its cheaper and sometimes easier to find availability if you choose a week day instead of a weekend.

HTH : )

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with the 2 PPs-- I was trying to plan a Sept '11 wedding (started actively looking about a month ago) a many of my top choices for ceremonies--Wynn, Caesars, Mandalay Bay--have sold out of the prime wedding times and only have things like 11am left, so June might be a bit tricky.  Move fast, and good luck! Laughing
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were on a very tight budget and couldn't really afford any of the chapels, so we held our ceremony as well as our reception in the suite.  We had to jump through a LOT of hoops to get DH's uncle ordained and registered with Clark County, but the FAQ has a list of ministers you can hire that will come to you.

We used Masterpiece Cuisine for our reception, but our rehearsal lunch was catered in the suite by Fazoli's, who are ridiculously delicious and ridiculously cheap.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards