Nevada-Las Vegas

just pick a date already!

hi there.... i'm in need of a little rant.

my fiance and i are planning to get married in las vegas in the fall.  we've picked three dates, only to find out that either my fiance or his brother are not available for those dates.  

both are extraordinarily busy men (both run their own companies) so every time we think we've got a good date, one of them has a conflict.

the poor manager at Mandalay probably wants to kill me because I have to email her every 3 days to ask about availablility...  i just want a date!

now my fiance has realized that he has a residency requirement for his PhD program that falls on the weekend we picked out as our third option.   

can you ladies (and men) send me some good luck because I'm waiting to hear if FI's residency can be moved.  and hopefully the date is still available at the mandalay by the time we find out.  :)

Re: just pick a date already!

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck, I hope everything works out, it usually does:)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you planning a mid-week wedding?  Just wondering because planning a fall wedding when it's already July may limit you quite a bit on vendor availability for the known vendors if you're having a Saturday wedding since many of them book up many months in advance.

Regarding your FI's brother, I'd pick a date and make him figure out how to get there; you can only be so accommadating.  I run my own company and my partner and I have to coordinate around each other on vacations or even leaving town for the weekend so I understand the issue, but just do it and he'll figure out how to make it work.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks.  we were originally going for a saturday but realized that was impossible.  so we're doing a sunday wedding now.  

we don't really have any vendors to worry about other than one restaurant and the mandalay.  those two places are doing everything for us and so far (fingers crossed) still have availability.  

i agree about only being so accomodating and everyone else will work around our dates.  but FI and his brother are the exceptions are we will continue to cater to their schedules.  there's really no choice given their lines of work.  

my fingers are still crossed.  FI told me he has 60 emails that are unread from today so i'm hoping one is from his PhD program telling him he can move the date.  i am (im)patiently waiting for him to start sorting through his emails.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards