Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reception at the Flamingo

I'm just starting to plan and my FI and I have decided to get married at the Flamingo in June 2012.  We want to have a reception near by with dinner and a dance.  Has anyone had a reception at the Flamingo or somewhere close (walking distance)?

Re: Reception at the Flamingo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. I am a June 2012 as well, also in early planning phase. Across the street at Caesers there are a couple of nice rstaurants such as Joes, or Trevi. Also try Planet Hollywood
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't post much (mainly lurk), but we are having our reception at the Flamingo in April on an outdoor terrace. We are only having about 30-40 people though.

I'll definitely post reviews afterwards though!

-- Thoughts become things, choose the good ones! --

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reception-flamingo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:07e52123-032b-4bcc-b30e-8c200fcc19a3Post:67a6aa57-9a3c-44cd-af41-8857de3ec318">Re: Reception at the Flamingo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't post much (mainly lurk), but we are having our reception at the Flamingo in April on an outdoor terrace. We are only having about 30-40 people though. I'll definitely post reviews afterwards though!
    Posted by darkling_glory[/QUOTE]

darkling_glory,
    I didnt know that you can have a reception at the Flamingo on a terrace. Details please?
    Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Upstairs in the area where all the ballrooms are (2nd or 3rd floor -- there are elevators in front of the gift shop that lead up) they have an outdoor space. It's not super huge, but it's on the "roof" (again, it's not super high up, but you can see the strip all lit up!).

It's a really pretty space, especially at night! Our ceremony will be at 5pm and the sun sets at 6, so we will all head upstairs in time to see the sunset!

I'm going to try to post some pictures. I hope it works. I took these in July in the day, but it can give you an idea.

They sent me pictures of it all done up, but I can't find them right now. They'll put a bar out there and we're going to have a buffet set up. No DJ, but we'll have a sound system for our iPod.

It was exactly what I wanted. Super simple, yet a little bit different.

Hope that helps!

It was the first place we visited and I knew that for the price and what I wanted, nothing else would compare and I was right! We went all over after that, but I just kept coming back to this space.

-- Thoughts become things, choose the good ones! --

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!  Ive seen the pics of the "garden view terrace" on their site somewhere, it looks really pretty!
    79 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristin1417kristin1417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What was included in the reception and how much was it?  I am also looking at the flamingo in May 2012. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards