Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Liquor store

i was googling the closest one to mandalay bay, and what i found was a place called Super Liquor just across the street. Would this be my best place from mandalay bay or should I make the journey to Lee's?

Re: Liquor store

• Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were wondering the same thing!  If local stores are not a good choice we are going to head to Wal-Mart or Sam's club... using my parents rental car if need be.

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The one's on the strip are VERY expensive.  Even the one's near the strip are almost just as expensive...Locals help us!

• Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depening on what type of alcohol you are using you may want to consider Fresh n' Easy or Trader Joe's (both off-strip and would require a car). We are using Fresh n' Easy for our wine because it is our favorite budget friendly wine (4-5/ bottle) and then going to Costco for beer (only wine/ beer/ signature drink at our reception).
    I had a friend who was married in Vegas last year and swears by Lee's for the best prices on hard alcohol. You can also return unopened bottles.
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well i want a few slabs of beer, and a few bottles of sparkling wine/champagne. And I wont have a car!!! where to go!??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_liquor-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0c3e368c-2d83-44de-8007-ad53e2e9bcedPost:798f1bf3-6d0d-475f-9562-ec68ff454b88">Re: Liquor store</a>:
    [QUOTE]well i want a few slabs of beer, and a few bottles of sparkling wine/champagne. And I wont have a car!!! where to go!??
    Posted by Lorita78[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Will any of your guests or WP have a car?  If all you want is beer/wine and have a Costco or Sam's Club card, both of those are within twenty minutes of MB.  Though Sam's Club would be easier, you only have to go up on E. Tropicana to Pecos.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Lee's Liquor on Las Vegas Blvd. & Pebble Rd. about 3-4 miles south of Mandalay Bay.  If you don't have a car this may be your best bet.  I am pretty sure that the CAT bus runs down to there so that would be an option if you want to save on taxi fare.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_liquor-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0c3e368c-2d83-44de-8007-ad53e2e9bcedPost:99c4664a-35e2-4022-854c-f0f7c2d989bc">Re: Liquor store</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a Lee's Liquor on Las Vegas Blvd. & Pebble Rd. about 3-4 miles south of Mandalay Bay.  If you don't have a car this may be your best bet.  I am pretty sure that the CAT bus runs down to there so that would be an option if you want to save on taxi fare.
    Posted by cmc224[/QUOTE]

I'm heading there next month as soon as I pick up the car.  Do you know if they have coolers of any sort?  I was going to pick up some of those styrofoam ones so we can keep things cold for all the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We easily found styrofoam coolers on the strip.  We actually called the concierge at the hotel and they put one on 'hold' for us at a liqour store!

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a car you can also run to a grocery store for your needs.  We'll be hitting up Albertsons for styrofoam coolers, bags of ice, soda, and chips and dip.

God, I need my chips and dip.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_liquor-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0c3e368c-2d83-44de-8007-ad53e2e9bcedPost:4872d925-3abc-41c2-924c-ab0cbfe2ddb2">Re: Liquor store</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depening on what type of alcohol you are using you may want to consider <strong>Fresh n' Easy</strong> or Trader Joe's (both off-strip and would require a car). We are using Fresh n' Easy for our wine because it is our favorite budget friendly wine (4-5/ bottle) and then going to Costco for beer (only wine/ beer/ signature drink at our reception). I had a friend who was married in Vegas last year and swears by Lee's for the best prices on hard alcohol. You can also return unopened bottles.
    Posted by erinkay81[/QUOTE]

I just want to say I love Fresh & Easy. I go there almost everyday after work to get me & FI dinner.

Not sure why its not listed on their website, but the closest F&E to the strip is right by the airport. It's at Eastern & Warm Springs<span> <div><span>7380 South Eastern Avenue #109</span><a style="display:none;text-decoration:underline;" target="_parent"></a></div><div><span>Las Vegas, NV 89123

That's the one I go to when we work LVRenFair</span></div></span>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just found this one...not sure if its super pricey but its close!
    Super Liquors
    4080 Paradise Rd # 4-5
    Las Vegas, NV 89169-4834
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we got all our booze from a liquor store behind The Flamingo - looking on Google, i think it was "Stage Door".  prices were a little high, but worth paying for the convenience (IMO).  H and his brother walked over the morning of the wedding, bought 2 styrofoam coolers and booze.  they loaded up the coolers and left them with the bell desk at Caesars (best idea those boys have ever had) so we could easily get them onto the limo for the strip tour after the ceremony.
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_liquor-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0c3e368c-2d83-44de-8007-ad53e2e9bcedPost:5d9da978-5b35-4466-9709-775aa19375e2">Re: Liquor store</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Liquor store : I just want to say I love Fresh & Easy. I go there almost everyday after work to get me & FI dinner. Not sure why its not listed on their website, but the closest F&E to the strip is right by the airport. It's at Eastern & Warm Springs 7380 South Eastern Avenue #109 Las Vegas, NV 89123 That's the one I go to when we work LVRenFair
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

Ooh! Thanks! This is way closer than I would have thought- I've only been to one in Sumerlin (I think) and Henderson. :)
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, Ive no car and will have no access to a car as we're all coming from Ireland so we're not planning on driving at all! I will have to go to a store on or near the strip so I will check them out thanks! 

amanadjean, this sounds like exactly what we will do for the tour! Thanks

Did you need to get ice to throw into the coolers? and was the beer already cold when you bought it? 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lorita,
    You can buy cold beer/wine but you should buy ice.  Don't depend on the hotel ice makers for enough ice.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards