Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Marriage age poll

Ok, so I stole this from my month board, which was stolen from SB...  since the board is so quiet today I thought this might be interesting:

At what age did you want to get married?
What age were you or will you be when you get married?
Additional thoughts/comments?
Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Marriage age poll

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll start of by saying that as of right now FI & I are the oldest on my month board.

At what age did you want to get married?  I thought I wanted to be married by the time I hit 30.
    What age were you or will you be when you get married?  I'll be 32, FI will be 34
    Personally I'm happy that I didn't get married in my 20's, I'm a completely different person now than I was back then and in no way would have been ready for marriage. 
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I figured about 25 would be good....go to school, have a decent job, etc...
    I was 30, DH 31
    Oh goodness!! I am so happy I did not get married to my ex-FI I was with when I was 25! But I will say that I think even though I went through a lot of sh!t back then....I think it makes me appreciate my DH much more than had we meet when we were younger, and to be honest I think neither of us would have appreciated our relationship as much if we had not gone through the horrible ones we were in while in our early twenties. But I also think that each couple is different and some can handle getting married younger.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At what age did you want to get married? I think I thought I would get married mid to late 20's
    What age were you or will you be when you get married? 32
    Additional thoughts/comments?  I'm completely with stinker on this one.  I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-age-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ead5729-5d3f-4947-ad08-2ece79cd955aPost:aea714cc-b665-4e0a-9b2b-638953613c3e">Re: Marriage age poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]At what age did you want to get married? I figured about 25 would be good....go to school, have a decent job, etc... What age were you or will you be when you get married? I was 30, DH 31 Additional thoughts/comments? Oh goodness!! I am so happy I did not get married to my ex-FI I was with when I was 25! But I will say that I think even though I went through a lot of sh!t back then....I think it makes me appreciate my DH much more than had we meet when we were younger, and to be honest I think neither of us would have appreciated our relationship as much if we had not gone through the horrible ones we were in while in our early twenties. <strong>But I also think that each couple is different and some can handle getting married younger.
    </strong>Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]
    I absolutely agree with this!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mid-late 20's

Me: 26, FI: 25

You ladies are scaring me!  Let's hope I don't have regret...
  • Options
    csusunshinecsusunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At what age did you want to get married? I wanted to get married within a year of graduating college
    What age were you or will you be when you get married? 29 and my FI will be 39 (1st marriage and 1st engagement)
    Additional thoughts/comments?  i was NUTS thinking that I wanted to get married at 23, I was just as wild, if not wilder when I got out of college. I learned a lot and I am so blessed to have a man who waited for the right woman !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jen!! I am SURE you will be fine! It's all in the couple and for me it was just not working and you seem like you have a good head so you would take note of "RED FLAGS" Smile
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Early to mid 20s

Me: 31, FI: 33

I did actually get married at 24 and it was absolutely not the right decision for me, I didn't know myself well enough to know what I needed/wanted in a partner and ended up just marrying the guy I was with through college, because that's just what you do...I never realized how bad he was for me (and vice-versa) and how great a relationship could actually be until I was with DH.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011

mhoneybee - this will probably make me sound like a facebook stalker, but awhile back I had clicked on your facebook profile (from the Hitched in Sin City group) and we actually have a mutual FB friend, a guy I went to high school with.  Small world.

Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    direy...seriosuly? That is a small world.  Tell me the initials...I'm curious who it is
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    PV.  I'm originally from Monroe.

**edited, I typed the wrong initials originally.
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah! We knew each other as kids and our parents are friends from the church we went to when I was younger.  such a small world.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never really thought too much about when I wanted to get married. Probably sometime in my 20's though. I'll be 24 when we get married and my fiance will be 29.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-age-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ead5729-5d3f-4947-ad08-2ece79cd955aPost:b4800fb6-bdc6-4299-98e1-a03a1404566c">Re: Marriage age poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah! We knew each other as kids and our parents are friends from the church we went to when I was younger.  <strong>such a small world.
    </strong>Posted by mhoneybee[/QUOTE]
    It really is!  :)
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thought I'd get married: later than 30. I never really thought I'd get married.  I'm not the girl who has thought about her wedding since she was 4.

Will get married:  I'll be 27, FI will be 29.

I don't really have any additional thoughts, haha.  I think it all worked out for us - we didn't even get engaged until we were both fully done with our education and FI was established in a well paying job (he has a career that pays well, I don't).  So far so good! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    At what age did you want to get married?  Actually, I never wanted to get married *heh*.  

What age were you or will you be when you get married?  I was 42 when we got married.

Additional thoughts/comments?  I think my only regret is that when I met DH, I was dating someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never HA!
    will be 33, FI 34
    Ditto Stinker and Direy!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Basically, mid to late twenties, or whenever I found the right person.

I am 23 now, and I will be 24 when I get married.

Sometimes I do worry that I am too young to know if I'm ready for marriage. Yet, I feel that my fiance is the right person for me, and I for him. But I guess you can't know for sure. People change, and their goals can become incompatible. For example, you may both think you don't want to have kids, and then one person decides later on that they do. 
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IDK. mid-twenties?

I think I was the perfect age :)
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At what age did you want to get married? I can't say I had a goal date of how old I wanted to be...

What age were you or will you be when you get married? I will be 32 and FI will be 40

Additional thoughts/comments? I think the best thing that happened to me was working in a career where I moved around every two to three years (in a different career now)... because all the relationships I was in that time of moving around... didn't last.  I look back and realize how wrong those relationships were for me.  I know myself so much better now and I also know how to handle relationships, conflict, etc so much better that will help with a successful marriage now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    25 - So I'd be mature enough!
    First Time: Me 25 & Ex 30
    This Time:Me 40 & Darling 33
    ROFL  - it doesn't matter how "mature" you think you are - the first time around will throw you for a loop if your expectations are not grounded in reality!!!  (Having a partner that wants to be married also helps!)

Thankfully time has taught me alot of paitence & the value of accepting another person without trying to change them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was in my 20s I never thought I'd get married! Before FI I only had one serious relationship and a handful of casual ones so I figured I wasn't going to get married.
    I'll be 30 when we get married and he'll be 35.

I would not have been mature enough at a younger age to really appreciate marriage and all that comes with it. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We both will be 25 the month before the wedding
    Initially you can make a plan when you want to get married, but you never know who and what life will bring you. I think that there is no perfect time but the right time to get married. I wanted to be married by 25 for the year of the milestone's  I guess...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    edited December 2011
    When I was younger I wanted to be married by 23.  When I was 23, I never wanted to get married.  I then went through a stage of wanting to be married but thought FI would never pop the question. Thankfully, he did and I'm so ready!!
    nope. :)
  • Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought I'd be married WITH TWO KIDS by the time I was 25!!! hahahaha

I was a couple weeks shy of 27 and DH was 28.

I confess I judge my former church friends who were married very young...early 20's...because we all know they just wanted s-e-x!! lol
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-age-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ead5729-5d3f-4947-ad08-2ece79cd955aPost:f56919d8-63bd-4d9c-bb44-ceb85ede88e4">Re: Marriage age poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]At what age did you want to get married? I thought I'd be married WITH TWO KIDS by the time I was 25!!! hahahaha What age were you or will you be when you get married? I was a couple weeks shy of 27 and DH was 28. Additional thoughts/comments? I confess I judge my former church friends who were married very young...early 20's...because we all know they just wanted s-e-x!! lol
    Posted by SunnyCanadian[/QUOTE]
    Haha! "s-e-x" I knew a few people like that. Well, that's just my assumption, but it certainly appeared to be the case. 
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never planned or dreamed of getting married when I was growing up.  But I always hoped I would find a life partner.  Now that we have been together nearly 13 years - yep, that long.  We finally decided to make it legal.  I am 39, FI is 38.  We met bartending and now have careers, have been together through the loss of a parent, and buying a house, so we think this will be a one time deal.  : )  FI proposed at the finish line of a half marathon and now we joke that that was just the beginning. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_marriage-age-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ead5729-5d3f-4947-ad08-2ece79cd955aPost:46ea4837-71f6-4b88-b6dc-fdbf3cb07fa1">Re: Marriage age poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I'm happy that I didn't get married in my 20's, I'm a completely different person now than I was back then and in no way would have been ready for marriage. 
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

That was me too; I was not marriage material in my 20's.  I had a few long term relationships at the time but they were definitely not healthy ones and I'm really glad they didn't end up in marriage simply from the time invested which seems to have caught some of my friends who married long time girlfriends and ended up divorcing.

Fast forward to 33 and I meet FI and then suddenly it all makes sense lol.  We'll be married when I'm 35 and she's 26.  She's getting married a few years ahead of when she pictured it happening since she wanted to finish med school and residency before she even thought about that kind of relationship but she's since adjusted that plan. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011

When I was growing up I though I'd be married by 21 (just like my parents).
    I did marry for the first time around that age and it didn't last long. It's taken me 9 yrs to finally meet Mr. Right, he married his HS sweetheart at 19 and it didn't work out either. This is the 2nd marriage for both, I'll be 33 and he'll be 44.

I don't have any regets, If it hadn't been for the frogs I kissed I would've never found my prince :-) (Sounds so corny, but true!)

Comments: In our case the older we became the better we became to be in a relationship. We were both happily single and enjoying life before we met each other, that has been the key to our success.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I thought I wouldn't be married until I was in my late 30s or early 40s after I had traveled and done mission work. I'm 27 and my FI is 31.

No regrets but I wish I had more sex before I settled down to have had more experience. I've only had 2 partners ever and FI has had like 20 lol. Sorry tmi.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards