Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Where to start.......

So - Where did you guys get all your info from?  I am newly engaged and honestly the wedding is in 2012 - so I obviously have PLENTY of time.  But where did you guys start?  I love using the knot so far - but I don't think every vendor is on there, right?  Is there another resource that everyone is using?

Re: Where to start.......

• Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally remember that feeling! First you need to set a budget and guest list and then things became a lot clearer for us.

FI and I talked about what we both wanted and what we absolutely couldn't have in a ceremony and reception site to narrow things down. He absolutely didn't want a "hall" of any type and I didn't want a full sit-down, served, formal meal. Then I went to the Vegas FAQ (link in sticky) and made a spreadsheet (Nerd Alert) of all the places listed and narrowed down to those that met our criteria, I contacted them all and got pricing and we went from there.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, like Sloane said---said a budget; that will allow you to have a better understanding of what you can look at (venue wise) and what you should just walk away from.

The link above this (it's a "sticky" thread for newbies!) has two different links in it---one to the Vegas FAQ (it's a collection of vendors), and the Vegas Knottie list---a collection of past, present, and future Vegas Brides and their planning/married bios--you;d be able to get a lot of ideas from them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's! and Welcome :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  We actually did set a budget fairly quickly after the engagement.  I wanted to get married early next year - but the budget pushed us behind - I wanted more then we could afford for next year.  Although I am sad to push it back - at least I will have the dream wedding that I've always wanted.  Now the guest list.......  I am sure it will grow (or shrink) by time I send the invitations out right?  :-)  I have read some of the bios and I love how helpful they are!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards