Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Travis Allen

Girls, I have been reading posts and this site is great for info.  I now have a delema.  I got it into my head that it would be a nice surprise to have 'Elvis' perform at the wedding for a few songs and I have read that Travis is great.  A couple of things:We are not having dancing at the reception just a meal, would this work?  Elvis at the top of the room while folks are eating?Also the cost, it is a little expensive for 30 mins but if people feel its well worth it - I would do it.Have any of you used him, what did you think & what songs did he sing?ThanksEli

Re: Travis Allen

• Options
    thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am hiring Travis Allen to come on our strip tour with us, we arent having a reception and dont want him to turn up to a restaurant so hes coming for a hour on our strip tour, we will be in a hummer with him, hes literally coming from TI to the vegas sign and have lots of pics ,and then we will drop him back off at TI.Natalie and Pippa have reviews on him and rave about him. Ive done this as a surprise for my partner as there is only 4 of us going out. im going get to sing viva las vegas , jailhouse rock and the wonder of youlet us know what you do? when is your wedding?
  • Options
    pippypipstapippypipsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Eli We used Travis last week- He was great. We had a very small reception (15 people) and we arranged for Travis to come after the meal but before the cake cutting. He sang 2 songs and everyone stayed seated but were singing along and clapping. On the 3rd song we got up and did our first dance and then we sat down again for the 4th song. It worked really well for us and I would say it was one of the highlights of the night as it was a surprise. songs were 1. little less conversation 2. Teddy Bear 3. Can't help falling in love (first dance) 4. Viva Las Vegas Pip.x
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Eddie Powers who is a little more than Travis, but my point is that it was money incredibly well spent.  You won't be disappointed if you decide to go this route.  They are both very entertaining and your guests will love it.Our songs were:  Blue Suede Shoes, Can't Help Falling in Love, and Viva Las Vegas.  We had a late reception and he threw in Johnny Be Good as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!We had Travis who was just amazing and the nicest guy you will ever meet, he is great with all the guests.  He started as we were having our dessert so most people were sitting for the first fifteen minutes or so and then we got up to dance but I don't think it will be a problem at all if you don't have an actual dance floor.He puts on such a great show that you'll be thoroughly entertained from your seat!There are pics in my married bio xxx
  • Options
    NOG2009NOG2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the replies.  I think I will go and book him.  It will be something different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards