Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Guests taking Photos and Caesars Palace

I just received a contract to book our ceremony at Caesars and that's the first I heard that the ceremony is a closed photo session. Guests are not allowed to take photos during the ceremony? Did anyone else have a problem with that? How did you get around this? Pay an outside vendor fee? Do they strictly enforce that policy? I was really excited about booking at Caesars and now I'm a bit disappointed. I'm thinking about booking somewhere else now that would allow my family and friends to take pictures as they please during the ceremony. Any suggestions on where else I can go? Thanks.

Re: Guests taking Photos and Caesars Palace

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most places do not want you to take pictures because they say it will ruin the professional pictures with all the flashing from everyone else. Also most places there is a vendor fee to bring in your own professional photographer.
  • Options
    mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there are other chapels do allow guests to take photos, other brides can fill you in on which. And I think most of them don't care if you don't use a flash. Actually, I kind of liked this policy. It keeps the ceremony from feeling like a press conference, and allows the guests to watch the ceremony instead of snap pictures. I didn't want a ton of flashes going off during our ceremony, but that's just me. Pictures I've seen from friends and family of previous brides usually look worse given the lighting conditions in most chapels and the fact that their flashes don't carry enough. The professionals usually have the ceremony covered nicely.
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had this concern when I reviewed the contract, and inquired about this.I was told they don't want your wedding pictures being compromised by well-meaning guests who will want you to look in their direction during the ceremony.They also told me that they RESPECTFULLY request that no pictures be taken when the photographer is taking pictured during the ceremony.  I don't think they will throw anyone out :)
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Luxor allows guests to take photos during the ceremony as long as they remain seated and don't use flash.  Works for me! 
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excalibur doesn't allow flash photography...but that is the only thing that the contract specifies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, we are getting married at Caesars Palace in the Venus Garden. We have our own photographer but are going to use the one we get in our package just for the Ceremony and then use our own afterwards. As we are outside i dont think a flash will be needed, but I dont expect our guests to take photo's during the ceremony. I am sure they will be ok to take them after, so long as they do not get in the way of the Caesars photographer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in April in the Venus Gardens at Caesars and saw that in the contact as well. I was bummed at first but now I think it's a good thing! Your guests can take pictures just without the flash because they don't want it to interfer with their photographer, which is understandable. I am sure they won't make anyone leave the ceremony if they use their flash. Happy planning, Sarah
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The MGM Grand told us the same thing. It has to do with their photographers and not wanting flashes from other cameras to interfer. I'm fine with it. I figure everyone else will be taking photos after the ceremony it won't be that big of a deal. Plus I know at the MGM Grand guests have the option of purchasing photos that their photographers take. I know it's going to be pricey....but at least it's an option if they really want a photo of us during the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards