Nevada-Las Vegas

Day after wedding breakfast

I'm getting married at the MGM on 10/3 and wanted to host a continental breakfast the day after. Their prices are extremely high --- um, $4 per bottle of water and $67 per gallon of coffee -- so I want to investigate other options. Does anyone know of a good breakfast place that can accommodate a large group for something very casual? I still might do MGM if nothing else works out and just have coffee and muffins.... thanks!! Kate

Re: Day after wedding breakfast

• mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm your date twin! What is your guest count and budget? I was looking into options on my scouting trip and several of the buffets are nice. They will accomodate large groups, usually for an 18% service charge and most will set you up in a separate area. I liked the feel of Treasure Island the best, but Rio is also the #1 buffet in town, and many people like Planet Hollywood, although I didn't like the feel in there as much. There is a free shuttle to Rio from Bally's BTW. Otherwise, I would recommend looking into some of the popular restaurants on the boards. A lot of them will offer a brunch menu. Overall, most of them will beat MGM's prices into the ground. I priced out MGM West Wing bar for meet and greet and I agree their prices are crazy. Getting a big suite for the wedding night and just ordering Jason's Deli is an option as well. They do breakfast. I have been very happy with my caterer for our meet & greet as well. They came in with some great prices. Link in bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  Congrats to you!!  10/3 is a great date, right!? :)  We are having 100 people at the MGM outside at the pool.  It's pricey, but we love the setting and the hotel.  I'm trying to save money on other things like the breakfast and finding a location for a welcome party.  OMG - I inquired about West Wing for a meet and greet and was floored at the cost!  I still haven't decided on a place yet, but I'm looking around.  Thanks again for the info.  I love the Jason's Deli idea, but I don't think MGM allows you to bring in outside food. :(
  • edited December 2011
    The MGM doesn't "allow" outside food.....but I don't think that stops anyone. I'm having a catering service bring in food for my in-suite reception. My cooridator there even acknowledged that she knows plenty of people do it. Haha. I'm just going to make sure I have someone down their to meet the guys and bring them up to the room. Even when I mentioned this to the caterers they said that they do this all the time and have never had any problems from hotels.  Good luck with everything!
  • mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've noticed this especially about Vegas.  What's in the contract isn't necessarily what the rules really are.  Can't tell you how many times I've asked about something to have the employee say "Yeah, it SAYS that, but we don't really care."  Never hurts to ask.If you feel uncomfortable having Jason's set up, you can always have family/bridal party pick it up and take it up to your room.  No way they are going to stop that.The only exception for me is the chapel, of course.  They are pretty strict. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards