Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hello everyone! My introduction :)

I have been lurking here for a while now, gathering great ideas from everyone here, and now it's time to introduce myself, Hello :) Our wedding is on Nov. 1st...61 days away!! So it now feels like freak out time for me, Im not sure why the 2 month mark has done it to me. Maybe because I am getting ready to send out my invitations this week :|We are having a backyard wedding at a beautiful rental house in Vegas. I have been doing everything myself, and now its really crunch time! Quick story about us - we met in Vegas on Nov 1, 2005. So it will be 4 years to the day :) He is from Canada, I am from Colorado - but we now live in Tucson, AZ together. We are actually legally married, married in Vegas drive thru, hubby's dream wedding and now we get to have the friends/family ceremony. Not all of the family members know we are actually married. The rental house has a little guest house out back, behind the tiki hut/out door kitchen area and by the pool! Thats where we will be staying while close family will be staying in the 5 bedroom house. It looks like a beautiful place in pictures, and I have seen great reviews on it. So I HOPE it lives up to my expectations!I am really glad I did it this way, wedding/family reunion cheaply! Haloween the night before will be fun, and we will be doing other things with my family, like go to the Ice Bar and ride the Big Shot on the Stratosphere!I have booked Todd for my pictures, hope to book Kat from Hera for airbrusing...have my dress already :) The 3 most important parts right? :) Thank you all for reading my little anxiety release :)

Re: Hello everyone! My introduction :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! and sounds like you have a great plan!...I had considered using a house for the Reception as well, but in the end figured everyone would want to be near the Strip, etc...But if you don't mind me asking...Which house, there was one that was REALLY great that I had considered... Well....Good luck with the rest of the planning you have left:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you have alot accomplished. Good Luck with everything. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome from delurking! DH & I were/are a cross country couple as well except I'm the Canuck and he's the Yank.... we did Vegas for the same reason.  You're entering the final stretch, good luck with the planning.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! Congrats on getting everything ready yourself! Sound like you got a great party planned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! The house we chose is this one...[link]http://www.vrbo.com/232656[/link] It is very close to the strip, just a couple blocks from the outlet mall...4 miles south of Mandalay. I really should be working...but this is just so much fun to obsess over!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It sounds like you have everything together!  We rented a vacation home for my entire family to stay in for a week during our wedding and we used it for our rehearsal dinner.  It was perfect for our family and saved us a ton of money for the RD.  Good luck with the planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Good Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards