Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Turnout? How many of the people you invite came to your Las Vegas weddding?

Hey all, We are trying to finalize our guest list. We can have a max of 104 (including ourselves, photographer) seated at our reception site and our list is at 116. I'd love to hear hear how many of the the people you invited actually came. Thank you!

Re: Turnout? How many of the people you invite came to your Las Vegas weddding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh geesh, don't mind all the typos in my subject heading!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited about 95-100 i believe, but some of those were just sent as a formality and we knew they wouldn't come. We expected anywhere between 50-80 if all our "maybe's" became "yes" answers. In the end we had right at 40, which was nice because we budgeted for 50 realistically so we had a little extra at the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we invited 150 or so. I knew the majority of my out of country family would not make it and FI's dad's side because we really don't see them. So right now we are looking at maybe 40.What I found was that many people said they would come a year, 6 months ago and now that RSVP's are due it has changed.Do not count on people to be there until they actually book things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Invited 60, had 24. Your mileage may vary, though! :)
  • Options
    NesJasNesJas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 40 and only 28, including us, came it was a blast.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plan for 100% attendance, unless you're absolutely certain that some won't attend.  (For instance, my grandparents don't travel because of my grandmother's health, but they're getting an invitation anyway.)  You'll be surprised at who decides to attend.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we invited 36 and 31 are coming! 
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    edited December 2011
    We didnt have a specific number of people invited, but we have a lot more than we expected coming.... We originally wanted to get married at the Excalibur Hotel but had to change to a different Chapel due to the number of people who decided to come along. We are "Eloping" though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 175 and 102 people ended up coming.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    edited December 2011
    We invited 105 and had 68 attend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Max is 40... Invited 40... but 41 is coming. Yah....  not so good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had planned for about 50.  We invited about 90-something, some being formal invites knowing that they weren't coming. In the end we had 46 people attend. This worked out perfectly for us.
  • Options
    tamijoy514tamijoy514 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited around 140 people, some being sent because of the formality of it all, and we had 46 show up. We were expecting around 50, so it worked out great for us. Some people you think are definitely going to make it out, won't. And some people who you don't think will make the trip out there, will. It's weird.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm from the Midwest and FI and I invited 114 people and as of now there's 68 people that are coming forsure and others that are still on the fence. Everyone loves Vegas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 128 and have 63 people coming. Some that we thought would be attending, couldn't end up making it because of work and what not. And others who we thought "definitely" couldn't make it (like his 90 year old grandmother) are coming!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 200, and it looks like we'll be getting 150ish. Vegas is so popular! People we never dreamed would come are coming because they are making a vacation out of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Invited 56.  28 will be attending.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Over 50 invites went out, (100+ persons), 14 attended.   Pretty low! but was expected.  We planned for 30-35.    They tell you to plan for 100% but we knew our crowd was pretty flaky.    
  • Options
    easton23easton23 member
    edited December 2011
    We invited 60 and 54 come.  But we and most of our friends live in L.A or San Diego so it's only a 4 hour drive give or take.  So we knew most would come.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 57 and 51 are coming!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh...we invited about 300 people. Exactly 225 people were at our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my questions for you would be: how far do your people have to travel to Vegas, and what are their financial situations? If it isn't far, or most people are well off, you will get more. If not, then you'll get less!We invited 112 and our responses are still coming in.  Originally, just based on anecdotes from people saying they were coming, we expected about 60 yes responses, but now it is looking more like 40-50.  People are right - some of those who initially say they are coming will turn out not to be able to.I don't agree that you need to plan for 100% - not for a destination wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 240.  115 attended.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 100 and we had 29 (including us) show up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards