Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Stratosphere Hotel

So ladies... I need your help!I'm planning my Vegas wedding, and looking at hotel options. I've been looking into the Stratosphere to do an in-suite reception, and stay there since it's not too far from the Chapel of Flowers (where we're getting married) and it seems quite afforable... but I've been looking at reviews online - some are good, but some are really bad! Has anyone stayed there? What do you all think?

Re: Stratosphere Hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never stayed there but I can tell you its in a really bad part of town and its pretty far out there. I'd stay away but thats just my opinion. Vegas has so many other options but again since I've never stayed there its hard to say. There are so many great deals out there so I'd say keep looking.
    BFP 9/19/10 Blighted Ovum 10/11/10 D&C 10/26/2010 BFP#2 3/14/11 EDD 11/21/11 **Praying for a sticky baby** my blog:http://www.fitmomnetwork.com/apps/blog/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Stratosphere is a nice hotel.  I've stayed there and like playing there.  The rooms are ok and the food is fine.  It's nothing spectacular.  I did not know they had suites big enough for an in-suite though. It is all the way at the end of the strip though and the neighboring area isn't the best.
  • Options
    kcougar515kcougar515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called and said I'd be having about 30 people and they told me a suite that would work that allowed outsite catering (I believe Grand)... but I don't want to stay on a bad end of town, or just an okay room... what would you all recommend? I've seen a lot of Mandalay Bay in-suites on here? I've never been to Vegas, so really have no clue what would be nice and what is not.. so I'm counting on reviews, and on you all :) I just don't want to get down there for our wedding and be way disappointed!  
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vista Suite or Media Suite at Mandalay Bay would fit a party that size and they are fine with outside catering. I know everyone that has used these suites has been really happy. I'm having an insuite at MB but in a Tradewinds suite as the Vistas were all booked up. You may also want to look at PLanet Hollywood Panorama or Boulevard suites, they look really nice too an again, everyone on here that has used PH has had a good experience.I think you'd be happy with either of them to be honest.  
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planet Hollywood has some great specials, so watch for them if you are looking at the Panorama suite. We saved $500 re-booking under a special.If it is reassurance, I just talked to a city council member who said her brother had his wedding at the Stratosphere. She said it was very nice. They didn't hve an insuite reception though, she said they had dinner afterward in the restaurant at the top of the stratosphere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    search for sumrsmith's bio, she had her ceremony/reception insuite in a Vista Suite.... has good pics and reviews.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first trip to Vegas, we stayed at the Stratosphere because it was really cheap.  It was perfectly decent, but the standard room was VERY standard, and it's definitely in a sketchier part of town.  The nearest monorail station is at the Sahara, which is a bit of a walk.Mandalay Bay seems the most popular for in-suites, we're doing ours in the Vista.  I think Orleans or Stardust also has a no-bedroom party suite that someone used; you wouldn't be able to stay there, but there's more room to work with if you have a larger guest list.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    kcougar515kcougar515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Now I've got lots of options to look into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards