Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Is a videographer worth it?

Hello,I am just curios how many brides think having it videotaped is worth it. It's a lot of money and I think it would be great to have but how many times will you really watch it? I feel like its like a yearbook. You want it at the time but after all is said and done you really didn't need it. Can anyone tell me if they really think its worth it or are pictures and memories enough?Thanks so much!
BFP 9/19/10 Blighted Ovum 10/11/10 D&C 10/26/2010 BFP#2 3/14/11 EDD 11/21/11 **Praying for a sticky baby** my blog:http://www.fitmomnetwork.com/apps/blog/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is a videographer worth it?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dh really wanted one but I didn't think it was worth it at the time, now looking back I kinda wish we would have. Some moments aren't captured in pictures as they are on videos. Also when you are older you can always go back and watch the video I know I would.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think definitely, most brides i speak to are in such a daze on the day that the ceremony goes past in the blink of an eye and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out from our guests view!  Also we have lots of family not coming to Vegas like our grandparents and we really wanted them to beable to see the ceremony too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have the ceremony on video which is fine.  I haven't bothered to watch it yet.  What I wished I had caught on video was the reception.  Along with the crazy karaoke and stuff, I would have loved to have the dances on tape.  My 67 year old dad serenaded me during our dance to a beautiful song that he picked out for us, and my MIL is stage 4 breast cancer and she danced with her son to a song she chose.   I think it would have been really special to have these moments captured forever.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI got the proposal on video.  I haven't watched it yet, but I'm glad that we have it, because I opened that ring box, my brain shut off and I have no idea what he said.I think it's going to be the same for the wedding.  I don't need to watch it every weekend, but I'll have it there for when I get sappy, and I'll have it to show my kids.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is one of my HUGE regrets from our wedding.  I didn't think it was worth it, especially since we had a bunch of relatives with video cameras and one of our friends offered to take our video camera and tape for us.  Well wouldn't you know, she got lost on the way to the ceremony and didn't tape anything.  And all those relatives with cameras, yeah, uh, no.  They did the weirdest taping job--like they taped 30 seconds of the vows, then turned off the camera, then turned it back on for the rings, then turned it off.  I guess they got bored and didn't think it was worth the film so we just have a really choppy version of bits and pieces of the ceremony.  :(
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have the ceremony on DVD, I haven't watched it since the first week after the wedding.   I'm not sure I want too! at one point, I almost cried the "ugly cry"... LOL   We'll pull it out on our anniversary and watch it next month probably.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of the friends I have who have gotten married - the ones who didn't get a videographer kinda regretted it and the ones who did said it was totally worth it.  The ones who didn't also assumed friends/family would videotape but of course they didnt.  We plan to pay a videographer to shoot (not edit) and then either edit ourselves to save money or get a friend to do it!
  • Options
    LVOct2007LVOct2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes; it's worth it.  You can never relive the moment...and it goes by so fast it's hard to remember everything.  We thought friends would video - only 1 person did (and it wasn't the full ceremony).  To keep costs down, we used D&D Video Productions.  There used to be a deal on the bridalguide.com for them.  It was a regular video, with no extras.  What I wanted.  Check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards