Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Uugghh!

Ok! I was completly ok with the whole In-Suite at MB, but know the more I think of it, I am not sure. Our wedding is at 6pm and we were just going to do heavy apps, drinks and cake....I really liked Masterpiece Cusine, but now I am kinda worried of getting into the contract and for some reason not as many people show up! and I know its not that expensive, but...don't want to get stuck spending all that money...pluse the FI don't understand why we need to feed everyone (at my BFF's wedding everyone just went to dinner and paid for themselves) but I really want to do something...hummm....any suggestions? I really wanted to do the House of Blues, but the room min's were really high for the group size we are planning (30-40pp)TIA!:)
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: Uugghh!

• Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally wanted to do House of Blues too, but like you found it was too expensive for a small group (especially as some of the rooms can be taken away from you!). If you're worried about putting too much money down, why not contract for a smaller amount of people and then you can add more to it closer to the time if you need to? We put a couple less than we expected but it actually turned out to be the exact right amount of poeple! They are very flexible at making adjustments- I emailed Scott yesterday and basically changed our whole menu, just under 5 weeks out! That being said though, if you're really that unsure, maybe have a second look at it? Though it may just be pre-contract jitters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ray_Ray good point! Scott has been really easy to work with when I have talked to him...humm...I think that I just need to decide if I want to be in a contract with the food? or do something from maybe Jason's Deli? where I can wait until I get my RSVP's??? LOL....I just over think things!!
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suppose it depends what kind of feel you want as they do very different types of food. Personally, Jason's Deli wouldn't have worked for us in the evening but we'll be getting a couple of platters from them to put on our limo bus.If I were you, I'd book for, say, 10 with MC and then finalise numbers when you have your RSVPs. Though if you're really uncomfortable with having a contract at all then maybe wait til closer to the time and if you still want them, check if they can still work with you but if not Jason's Deli is always there!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. And you're NOT over-thinking! It's a big part of the day and you need to be happy with your decision. As I said earlier, I've been second thinking our choices for a while but FI has told me it's fine. Yesterday I phoned him at work and said I had to change it! Now he's really glad we did too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Thanks Ray_Ray! and I agree with you on the food I am REALLY unsure of having "deli" food at that time of day....I think if I just give a more comfortable number as a starting point I will feel ok with it...by the way...What did you decide on for the food? It's so hard to chose from MC! everything sounds good! LOL
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's a touch choice! We have finally settled on:Teriyaki chicken kebabs (sorry, I feel weird saying kabobs!)Masterpiece BruschettaDeep dish pizza puffsMoroccan crab cakesStuffed new potatoes with baconseared scallopsMini gourmet slidersHopefully there's enough of a variety and enough carbs to help fill people up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks great too me! I will be waiting for your reviews!LOL...I was thinking the same thing...Pleanty of Carbs to soak up the drinks that we will have:)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah thanks. Initially it was a bit of a protein-fest and it's been really bothering me! I'm much happier with it now- plus Scott said he thought the changes I made were a really good idea. I think we'll go to Walmart or something to buy chips and dips and some little nibbles to put out for people to pick at too.I'll be sure to put reviews on as soon as we're back! Let us know what you decide to do about your catering too
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Masterpiece Cuisine also...Scott told us that we could call him and change the numbers up to a few days before the event. I have to look at the contract specifically because I can't recall off the top of my head. We were intially worried about people not showing up and were going to do Jason's Deli as well, but the food is well worth the price. And, after we figured out the prices of the things we wanted, Jason's Deli was only a couple hundred dollars less and M.C. was so much more "classier."(I'd be willing to e-mail a copy of my contract if your curious...)We are thinking of doing Jason's Deli for breakfast items on the day of the wedding...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mloeks- Yeah....I was adding it up and yep...not much difference! I had request a proposal a while back, so I have a general idea of pricing....I e-mailed Scott a little while ago to ask about what happens if I need to "down size" and most likely I am sure he will work with me, but I just want to make sure..
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing he said about "down sizing" is it makes the cost per person go up...but either way you can trim if you need to. We reserved for 30 (we invited 40), turns out that only 20 will be making it, so we are just going to leave the numbers as is to ensure there is plenty of food.And there is cake, etc., so I think we will be good.We of course could also go up...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok...yeah...maybe I will just start small and work my way up..What did you go with? Just like I ask Ray_Ray because all the food looks good!LOL
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol. I don't mind being asked at all. I am terribly excited to try the food with all the good reviews.We went with:Classic Fruit Platter (in case some of our guests do not want to eat cake. We got some dieters, I know that.)Tandoori Chicken SatayGourmet Mini SlidersCrab Stuffed Mushroom Caps (mine! all mine!)Caprese kabobsmasterpiece bruschetta
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So after thinking about it....I think this is what we might go with... Masterpiece Feast Our signature artistic presentation of fruits, cheese and spreads customized for your event.   Guinness Wings   Mini Gourmet Sliders   Assorted Deep Dish Pizza Puffs   Stuffed New Potato with Bacon Like I has said...I don't want to much, but yet enough...any thoughts??
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using masterpiece on April 2 and just signed our contract the food looks so yummy we are having Spreads and Dips Tray Fresh baguettes, chips and crostini served with our creamy Spinach/Artichoke Spread Teriyaki Chicken Satay Tender sautéed chicken breasts, slow marinated in our savory garlic teriyaki sauce dusted with sesame seeds and served on a bamboo skewer. Gourmet Mini Sliders Exceptionally seasoned slow-roasted Angus tri-tip burgers with fresh rolls and served with our creamy horseradish aioli on the side. Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps Fresh mushrooms stuffed with a savory crabmeat filling and oven roasted golden brown. Mediterranean Salad Mixed baby greens, green peppers, golden raisins, pineapple, berries, red onions and cucumber with a fresh r aspberry vinaigrette. Assorted Deep Dish Pizza Puffs Traditional Italian pizza sauce in four delicious varieties: Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushroom and Cheese. Classic Fruit Platter Fresh seasonal fruit beautifully arranged and served with a sweet strawberry yogurt dipping sauce our invite list is 110 and we contracted for 75 so we may need to go up but I think we have a fairly good estimate. We got the salad to fill the plate up and look like more food we are very concerned about people not eating before the ceromony as we are sugguesting because the reception is not until 8:30
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that sounds amazing! Such a selection for your guests
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI...we were going to do the Masterpiece Feast and it added $200 to the cost. So Scott recommended just the simple fruit try to trim. If it's in your budget, I say go for it...it wasn't in ours. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info on the "Masterpice Feast" I was originally going to add the Cheese Board and the Dip & Spread...humm....I will have to have him run numbers in a few directions!
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually just had an idea! I wonder if I just had MC do the "Hot Food" i.e. Sliders, etc and since we are getting drinks from Costco, if it would be better to just get the Cheese, Fruit, Veg. Platers from there?? any thoughts??
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it helps keep the costs down I say go for it :)
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, although we are (hopefully!) ordering enough food from MC I think we will be buying cheeses etc from the supermarket. I think buying things like this yourself in advance is minimal hassle for set-up and saves you money
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if thta last post is a bit unhelpful, we have just come in from a night out and my knot addiction got the better of me but I'm not sure how much sense I'm naking
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol! Thanks Ray_Ray! And yes the input is helpful:)
    2011-2012 Races
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards