Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Joe's Seafood Steak and Crab

Anyone had or is having their reception here? yet another possible option my Fiance and I might be interested in. Any info is welcome!! Thanks again!!

Re: Joe's Seafood Steak and Crab

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was really considering it. Their rooms look very nice. The only reason we went with Magianno's over Joe's is because in order to have an open bar, Joe's was out of our price range. If the prices were a little closer, we definitely would have gone with Joe's! Joe's Gigi room looks BEAUTIFUL!
  • Options
    sharper086sharper086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We like Joes because of the location PLUS most people going will not be drinking so we dont need an open bar at all. Maybe order a couple bottles of wine and champagne should be fine for us.
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception here next April.  The GiGi room is a minimum of 5k.  One of the girls on this board is having her reception here in October (I know it starts with Spoir.).  They have nice options depending on the amount of people and budget you are working with.  We won't have a problem with the minimum with the alcohol, so I'm not sure what meal options I will be picking.  I believe they let you choose up to six dining options, and they can be ordered by your guests when they get to the reception.
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One more thing, the Gigi room also has private bathroom facilities for you and your guests.  You don't have to trek thru the restaurant to get to the bathroom (which was a big turn off for me at other venues we looked at).
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved the Gigi room when we looked at it!  I really didn't want tableside ordering due to the later hour of our reception, but the biggest negative for us was the fact that the bar was consumption only and knowing our guests that wasn't a risk we were willing to take :)I've seen nothing but great feedback here about them though and I think it would be a great place for a reception.
  • Options
    ms_mogwaims_mogwai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were very close to booking Joe's for our reception, but changed to an in-suite reception instead. If I was still going down the route of a sit down meal for a reception, I would definitely go with Joe's. The co-ordinator (I can't remember her name), was super lovely and very helpful. We had a meal in the restaurant last year and it was really good. Loved the service and the whole place (but especially the Gigi room) is fabulous looking. We're thinking of taking our parents out for a meal here a couple of days before the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there in less than 3 weeks (HOLY CRAP). Sabrina has been nothing but WONDERFUL to work with. She has gone above and beyond to accomodate what we want. I haven't seen the place yet but decided on it off of pictures, reviews, and Sabrina.As a pp stated the minimum for the Gigi Room is $5000 for dinner. The bar is based off of consumption but you can set limits as to what is served. I would say that on the average mixed drinks and wine is $10.00 a drink.You can have a lunch reception there also. The prices are cheaper but I don't know what the minimums are.You can have a band/dj.There is a private entrance.If you have any q's let me know. I'll have pics and reviews up in about 3 weeks.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all your info! Another question, We will most likely be going with the plated dinner option BUT just out of curiosity, will they allow you to skip the plated meals and do just a bunch of hors' douevres? Reason I ask is that there's a small chance we may be doing a later ceremony and I dont really want to do a full heavy meal in the latter evening if that's the case. Let me know. Thanks again and BTW cant wait to see your pics!! Congrats and have a GREAT time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Moonrose's bio has details on Joe's as well.  :)  
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The GiGi room says it hold up to 150 for a cocktail reception, so I'm guessing this means you can skip the plated dinner, and go with hour dourves.  However, you will still need to meet the 5k minimum in food and beverage, so you might need to consider this.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After exchanging a few emails with Sabrina, It looks like we are 99% going with Joe's! We just need about another couple weeks to make sure we have enough to cover our deposit. Hoping the date will still be available *crossing fingers* Thanks to all you fab Vegas Knotties and Knotties to be for all the open armed help! Best resource ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards