Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Our plan... Is it too much?

Hello Again,I just wanted some opinions on our "wedding day plan." You ladies have been nothing but helpful and I'm sure you'll be able to give me your honest opinions. Here's the plan:- We will be having our ceremony at 6pm at MB.- Dinner will be held at Border Grill (again at MB) at 7pm.- After the dinner we will invite our guests (30 ppl) to our suite (Vista suite) and have cupcakes and champagne toast. Maybe some dancing or at least our first dance.- We will end the night by going to Eye Candy Sound Lounge at MB to hang out with a couple of our guests.I figured that having everything at MB would be easier for everyone. Is this a good plan? If you were my guest what would you think? My BM and MOH are super excited about this. FI not so much. The only thing he is excited about are the kobe beef sopes from Border Grill and the open bar. LOLThanks for everything! =)

Re: Our plan... Is it too much?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like! I am also trying to keep everthing at MB, I just like the idea of eliminating some of the travel for the guest... I know that MB is not the cheapest hotel rates, but...I think that most of the guest might splurge, just for the convience...
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The great thing is Luxor is crazy cheap lately so many guests can stay there and just walk over. Very convenient.
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day!
  • Options
    ms_mogwaims_mogwai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a good plan to me! If I was your guest, I would definitely appreciate that fact that theres different facets to the day, but not a huge amount of travel to get between them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little bias because this is very simialr to what me and my FI will be doing, (ceremony at MB followed by vista suite reception then wrapped it up at mix or eyecandy), but I think that it sounds like you will have a blast and it will be the perfect night for you and your guest.  also so much better to have everything in one place no stress of getting everyone from one place to another.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great! I'm trying to keep as much as possible at MB too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If guests stay at the luxor there is a tram that goes between the 2 of them and its free, which will help with them having to walk after a long day. also help them avoid the damn cab drivers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping my guests will stay nearby if they cannot afford to stay at Mandalay Bay. MsGamblingGirl - you're right! The rates at Luxor are super affordable. In fact, I received an email today about rates starting at $35 through Feb 2010. I hope the rates stay that low for the summer. Ladies thanks for all your opinions and good luck with your planning =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your plan sounds very much like mine - ceremony at MB chapel, followed by dinner at Rumjungle, then a few of us will be hanging out at Red Square afterwards.I made sure to include hotel information on our website for MB, Luxor and Excalibur.  Since they're all connected, it's very convenient and gives our guests flexibility on where they would like to stay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards