Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Little Chapel of the Flowers

Any opinions about this chapel - why did or did you not book there?I'm planning and booking everything from Colorado without seeing any venues or meeting with anyone in person, so all the help is GREATLY appreciated :-)

Re: Little Chapel of the Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not in the best part of town, but it's not necessarily in the worst either. It is a little smaller than it seems online, but it's well kept. There are many Knotties that have had great experiences there, and I can't remember reading a bad review. When I was looking at places, I don't remember finding any particular thing I disliked about the place, but fi and I just decided that after seeing the location we decided on, we just HAD to get married there. (Valley of the Falls, Mandalay Bay). Part of me wishes we weren't spending quite so much, but at the same time I really fell in love with the place. However when I was looking at chapels, LCotF was definitely one of the top ones on my list. I guess the only thing I didn't like now that I think about it was that there was a door with an exit sign right next to the alter... and i'm not going to give him such an easy opportunity!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is one of the other locations I was thinking of myself, but I haven't been there either.  I have been watching ceremonies online, and it seems very sweet and sincere.  Check out tripadvisor.com . There are a TON of reviews for this chapel (and others) that I found very helpful.  Mostly, they are all great.  If I choose a chapel, this is where I will most likely go, but we are discussing the outdoor route currently.  HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your input! Jendbiker I cracked up about the exit sign - very good point! I like this place because it is cheaper and still looks nice...we have a tight budget and I don't want to spend a ton on the ceremony. I was looking at this chapel at the Treasure Island hotel because they are both under 500 for the basic wedding package. Thanks again!
  • Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.702wedding.com I know they are good because my MOH went and checked out everything for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Little Church of the West? Their packages are really reasonable and it's very cute (well we think so anyway!). Might be worth looking into if you haven't made a decision yet. They have been very helpful so far and respond to enquiries straight away- and I have asked tonnes of questions!
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose not to book there because they would not even allow my photographer (who is flying out from Tampa with us) on the grounds. They wanted $500 to allow him to come to the ceremony. They also were not willing to budge on anything.  If you book there, you have to go by their rules. I also didn't like how its more you have to purchase a larger package if you have over a certain amount of people.I booked a Special Memory Chapel. They will allow our photographer on the grounds to take photos everywhere except inside the actual chapel. My package includes a small rose bouquet, but they are allowing me to bring my own because they are unable to deliver the flowers early enough in the day so that I could use them in photos. ASM's main chapel is pretty large... There packages include however many people you can fit inside the chapel.
  • Options
    NesJasNesJas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this place. I got married there in July and it was a great experience. I loved how they always replied to my email and on time, the packages are great and they are great with whatever changes you want or upgrades. The place isn't in the nicest part of town but once you enter their grounds, you don't notice. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful and the chapels are beautiful. it suck that you cant bring in your own photographer but they do take wonderful pictures, we feel in love with all out pictures. If I had to do it over again, I would still choose them.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really adore the little chapel of the west you should check it out it is the cutest little chapel. I know a number of people that have gotten married at little chapel of the flowers and loved it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fi and I are planning to get married here.  One big reason we decided on this one was because my older brother was married there in 1999. I too am planning from Colorado, without seeing anything. Sorry I'm not more help.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
    SE1723SE1723 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked there and haven't seen it either because it's across the country for us. I checked reviews online and that helped my decision. lately they've seemed a little weird so I'm hoping I didn't make a bad decision.
    10-10-10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my 2 cents on the Little Chapel. I checked out this place on scouting visit in September. The location is definitely in a slightly less desirable area but once you pull into the parking lot you will forget about the rest of the neighborhood. They have multiple chapels and wedding locations in a relatively small space yet they book MULTIPLE weddings at once. I was there for about 10 minutes and I was feeling overwhelmed by all of the stuff goign on, personally I would hate to be a bride there because you sharing the spotlight. The parking lot is small compared to the number of guests that could be there so I'm gussing some people have to find parking elsewhere. The parking lot is very close to the actual wedding sites, you could probably hear people and/or music from guests in the actual wedding sites. I didn't like that. It was too tight, too busy and too hectic. It's super cute but I don't think it's worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards