Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Weekday Brides

Did any of you brides having (or had) weekday weddings get any discounts? FI and I haven't decided for sure what day were going to get married, but if there are discounts involved it might lean us one way or another....

Re: Weekday Brides

• Options
    amykay31amykay31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the hotel chapels charge a premium for a weekend wedding.  It's part of why we picked a weekday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, everywhere I looked they had an extra 100-200 dollars on top of any service if it's a Friday or Saturday wedding. That's why we chose a Thursday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the rooms are usually cheaper during the week as well, which will be great for the guests.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Vista Suite for Thursday and Friday night for our Friday wedding, the Thursday was about $200 cheaper.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    hyunniebunhyunniebun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on a Sunday at MB and it is about $150 less than a Saturday.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a cheaper rate with my photog since we got married on a Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi FI and I are getting married on a Thurs because the ceremony and suite for the reception were a lot cheaper it's saving us about $1000!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The chapel discount is going to depend on your particular location. Many of them do offer weekday discounts, as do many of the hotel chapels. As long as you aren't going during a holiday time (New Years, etc) you will find that room rates for you and your out of town guests will be a LOT cheaper at just about every place, and most likely cheaper airfare as well! We have having our wedding on a Tuesday for this very reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest when FI said he wanted to get married on our 4 year anniversary which falls on a Monday I wasn't really thrilled. But I do love saving money, so I think this might need to be the route we take! I did e-mail the ceremony location and photographer just to see of they do offer any discounts for weekday weddings but haven't heard back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked a Thursday to save money ($250 maybe off the ceremony).  I am getting a better deal on the DJ and photographer than if I had picked a weekend.  Plus my makeup artist is willing to come to the hotel cuz it's a weekday.  The downside is that what we saved on the ceremony will be eaten up by weekend room rates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards