Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Ugh

I am confused to say the least. Fi always wanted to get married in Hawaii or Fiji. It was not in our budget and none of our friends or faimly could afford to come. So I said Vegas because it was somewhere I always wanted to get married at. Well I feel like because hes agreed and he is now I think having regrets. He just seems really uninterested in talking about it, and is like Its vegas who cares... Im really hoping hes just having his male PMS but I am not sure... SIGH :(

Re: Ugh

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband was obsessed with a beach wedding and wasn't too thrilled with the Vegas idea at first. We got married by a pool here and had a beautiful tropical theme. By the end of it we were both SO THRILLED with our decision to get married in Vegas. It's so much easier/cheaper for your guests and the food and experience was impeccable. I wouldn't change a thing. Hopefully your fi will come around - mine did!
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think he's PMSing. At first my FI was telling his family and friends that I had decided on Vegas and he didn't want to but didn't have a say, within a few days he was secretly telling everyone how excited he was... It took forever for him to admit it to me. I think he will get over it! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's just a "male" thing. He'll get over it. Getting married in Vegas was my FI's idea and even when I talk about it he still seems uninterested. You can even combine what you orginally wanted, which would be a tropical theme or beach theme with Vegas. That way you both are happy. I think MB has the Tropical Sunset Plan. The pictures on the website look beautiful.Don't stress out. Like I said, it's just a boy thing  =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it is just a boy thing. Mine seems to glaze over when I talk about it...until I spit out an amount of money then he gets fussy! haha. He went back and forth, asking if I needed any help, but really stayed away from it. I think in my case he didn't want to get in my way, which is probably smart on his part. They know horror stories of these bridezillas, and they don't want to step in front of that! Just easier to take a step back. Or they are embarrassed they don't have the skill we do, so they stay out of it :) lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree it's a male thing. I wanted to get married on a beach and FI wanted Vegas we decided to do Vegas which I am really excited about but now I am having the same problem FI is uninterested in the details. He says everything I pick out will be great... Don't worry he'll come around :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep...It's a guy thing! Mine just tells me "Whatever you want"..until he hears the money part...LOL...I think they figure as long as we are happy, they are happy:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's totally a guy thing. It took my guy 4 mths into the planning to get into it. Now we plan together and it is tons of fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought that my FI was uninterested in our wedding until I heard that he was sharing all the details with his friends. Maybe you guys can go to Hawaii or Fiji for a second honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. I think it is PMS because hes fine today. It was just the last couple days... I think I will give him a box of tampons to help ease his mood. :) Hehe I always get mad at FI since he lived in HI and everytime I say I wanna go to a specific place, hes like "Ive been there.." It irritates me. I told him we are going to Alaska. Im sick of the heat, I want to play in snow and be cold! That is where we will go a year after for our "honeymoon".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugghhh! I hate when they say that "I've been there"! My FI is Ex Navy, so he has been to alot place that I want to go too.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I have the same problem with my FI. He's an ex Marine so he's been all over the place. Japan, Australia, Hawaii, and a billion other places. He refuses to go anywhere he has already been to. It makes me mad! LOL I realllyyyy wanted to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards