Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

MOH & Best Man are shy. Who's going to do the toasts??

Anyone else have this problem - my Maid of Honor and his Best Man are too shy for public speaking and don't want to do the toasts. We might just have another bridesmaid and groomsman do the toast instead. Any recommendations?

Re: MOH & Best Man are shy. Who's going to do the toasts??

• Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two solutions to combine: 1. Pre-written speaches. 2. Two beers per person. It will be fabulous!!! :-) Don't worry!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think as long as everyone agrees ahead of time, it doesn't matter who does the toast, as long as they're comfortable and you're comfortable.My husband didn't want a bunch of toasts at our wedding, since he is really shy. Initially, we said no toasts at all, but the family wanted to do something, so they decided amongst themselves that my husband's dad would do the honors. It was nice and to the point, and I'm glad he ended up doing it.Maybe if your attendants aren't up for it, you could ask a parent or a sibling? GL! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are attending your wedding? In my experience, if you have the DJ ask if anyone would like to toast, you can't make them stop toasting! lol. If you can't find any other solution, you could always leave it to the guests =D.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're expecting about 130 guests, but more than half are professional entertainers (magicians, comedians, jugglers, singers, dancers, fire eaters...), so I'm afraid it might turn into a free for all! I think I'll just have one of our groomsman do the toast instead and we should be fine, and I'm sure our shy best man and MOH will be relieved!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who says you have to have a toast? We didn't have one and no one even noticed.
  • Options
    alittle72alittle72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liquor them up with liquid courage in a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag and they'll ramble on for so long that the DJ will yank them off the stage with a large rattan cane and everyone will have a great laugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards