Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Ebay wedding supplies?

Ugh, I'm freaking out now. My initial plan was to get married at Angel Park and have the reception there, but then I stumbled upon... http://home.shop.ebay.com/Wedding-Supplies-/11827/i.html?_armrs=1&_mdo=Home-Garden&_mspp=&_pcats=11700 Ebay has an entire section devoted to wedding supplies and so now I'm thinking I might want to rent out a house. Not only would be end up being around half the price, but designing everything from soup to nuts sounds like fun....anyone care to talk me out of it?

Re: Ebay wedding supplies?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just make sure you aren't taking on too much, and that you will have plenty of time before the wedding to get it done. If it's just about saving the money, and you can afford your previous plans, I would stick to them! My favorite thing about my wedding is that I don't have to lift a finger =) I just show up in my dress, and everything is taken care of for me. If there are hitches or problems along the way, I don't have to hear about it, it just gets taken care of. That was the most important thing for me when planning a wedding, because I have helped so many friends with theirs. I remember the days of rolling plastic silverware in a napkin and tying it with a bow at 2am... My point is, if this would make you happy, and would make your day more special, then by all means go for it! However, just keep in mind that you might not want to take care of all these things by yourself when the time comes, and your friends and family might not be so eager to help (setting up a wedding is a LOT of work!). Not only could that cause tension between you and them on/near your wedding day, you will be much more stressed and concerned about getting all these little details done. You may even feel like the morning is rushed, because you're trying to make sure everything gets set up properly. Or, you might be exhausted the day-of because you stayed up all night trying to get everything set up. I would LOVE to be hands-on for every little detail of my wedding... in THEORY! Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to be hands-on when it came down to it.
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had a look - its like wedding heaven in there!! I have to say I love the planning down to every small detail, I think I am just the kind of person that thinks if I dont do it, it wont be done right. Nobody is helping me with our wedding I am doing everything and I love it! We are having our reception in McMullans and to be honest I think thats the most part where I want to organise. I want the right candles centre peice's everything perfect dont get me wrong im not fussy but I suppose I just would love walking in and everything to be perfect also I do think when taking over all the planning it can make you more at ease. So ya I would def go with the house (even though Angel park is fab) - not to mention it will be cheaper if your on a budget and people can relax I love the idea and thought about it myself but went with McMullans because they sell Guinness!Good LuckSheila
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DIY takes a lot of time and energy.  You're less than six months out, so taking on new projects at this point is probably asking for quite a lot of stress.  Plus, you probably don't want to be running around setting everything up on your wedding day (not to mention clean up!).  If you do decide to go the total DIY route, you may still want to hire a day-of coordinator whose staff can handle all the setup.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been doing my own rental house backyard wedding, start to...well 1 more week to go! It was AWESOME at first, I had these visions, all these DIY's I could do to keep it cheap. I was having a blast...Everything was shaping up... NOW...about a month ago, I got tired of it. REAL tired of it. I have been skimping on things, figuring it was going to be a intimate, but casual wedding, so fun is of the essence. This helped the budget as well. As of last week I started thinking "OMG, i wanted this, I wanted that, I need it now!" So needless to say I am stressing out trying to get things done, while at the same time saying it is all fun, its supposed to be a fun celebration. But if I had the choice today to go back and do it different, I guess I would probably still go this route, lol. Ask me again in a week :) But $$$ runs it for me. Total out of my pocket I have spent $6k including the rental house. I will end up around 7. My Mother is paying for the food and alcohol. So I am assuming almost $10k. The biggest pain has been having people stay in the rental house and worrying about entertaining them during the days leading up to the wedding, when I need to be doing the final touches on all my DIYs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I only started in June.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards