Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

**Question For Justice *(Or any other Insuite Brides!!)**

Hi Justice, or any other Insuite Brides reading this!! lolI am still undecided between the Stardust Suite in Orleans, or Boulevard Suite in Planet Hollywood!I just cant make a decision!!Justice, in your personal opinion, if we have only have 30, 35 people max in the Stardust Suite would we be "lost" in it so to speak?? Would the suite be to big so we would loose the atmosphere if this makes sense?? You also mentioned in another post that you had a DJ? Do they let you hire a DJ to play in the suite??Boulevard Brides, in your experiences is the suite big enough for 30-35 people? We def won't be more than this?I would prefer Stardust Suite as everything is done for you i.e catering etc. it also has a balcony for smokers (Im a smoker lol)But the Boulevard Suite has the pool tabe and looks more of a party suite but I am really nervous about the organising of the caterers/booze. It also doesnt seem to have a balcony so is the room a smoking room?Please help me make a decision, its driving me nuts!!Thanks for reading!!xxxx

Re: **Question For Justice *(Or any other Insuite Brides!!)**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you book the suite at PH they will ask you if you would like a smoking or non smoking room!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi- the suite is very big and there are tons of places where people can sit around.   I only had about 47 people or so, and I thought it was just fine.I had a Mexican dinner buffet set up, so they had the tables arranged around the back and side walls.  Having the amount of people I did, they had plenty of room to sit around and eat their food.  There were no dinner tables, but they used the coffee tables and such and so the extra room made it easier.  With everyone milling around here and there, the cocktail-type reception vibe was always there.I also had the karaoke-dj setup there too and we had a section for the karaoke singing and dancing.  That took up one section of the room (right where you walk in).  They say you can't have a dj, but I had asked about karaoke and they said that was ok.  My wc cleared it with the hotel people that we were using a karoke/dj and they said it was fine.  I felt comfortable with the people I had and how much space there was.  I also had them move some furniture around to make a dance space.  I think the karaoke made all the difference, otherwise we would have just been hanging out in the room.If the stardust had a pool table or something like that then I would declare it the most awesomemest space ever.If you are not planning on having any entertainment or such, then I think maybe the Bouelvard Suite would be the best bet for your group, but, if you can swing a dj or something and make a dance space, I think you can swing the Stardust with 35. 
  • Options
    marie301978marie301978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for relying Justice! This is a great help!! I def want an Elvis Impersonator. so that will be an hour of of entertainment. One more question...are there Ipod docking stations like there are in the other suites?? x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the Stardust Suite has an ipod station which will pump the music through the whole suite.  They also have the music channels on the tv which you can play as well (there are about ten flat panels everywhere). I was originally going with the iPod myself, especially for the first dance and stuff like that, then the karaoke dj said they could handle that part as well!  It was perfect because I didn't have to worry about anything.  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you use for karaoke/dj? Also (sorry for all the questions!!)Hw did you find the bar situation? Did you host it all night or did they have a cash bar?? Just wondering how it works???Thanks for all your info! Its a great help xx
  • Options
    pippypipstapippypipsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I had the Boulevard Suite for my after party. We only had 15 guests so we had loads of room. I think it would be good with 30-35 guests. My guests loved the games in the room and DH and I even had a game of foozeball before the ceremony! We bought all our liquor before hand at Lee's Liquor and got the bell man to take it up for us. We also had room service bring up a collapsable table with extra glasses. There was an i pod docking station there too, which was great and I mad a playlist so we could have all the songs we loved and knew our guest would like too. I'll endeavor to update my married bio with the pro pics, as there are some good ones of the suite. Pip.x
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks pip, that would be great!! Did you have the suite for 2 nights? I am just worrying how much hassle it will be to stop and get booze on our way to the hotel if we only have it for 1 night. I get married at 3, strip tour 4-6 then wanted to go straight to the hotel. Maybe I could give guests till 7 whilst we check into the room and let masterpiece cuisine in etc??? I am really struggling organising this part of the wedding!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    p.s does the boulevard suite have a balcony?? x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont think boulevard has a balcony... i was so close to booked stardust suite but in the end went with boulevard but still little worried it might be bit small.. especially when Elvis turns up! Would love to see your pics if you upload them!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive gone and booked the boulevard suite girls!!! Im soooo excited Ive finally made a decision!!! lolJust hope its big enough now!!! xxx
  • Options
    pippypipstapippypipsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, no the suite does not have a balcony. We only had it for the one night. We went to PH the day before and told them we would like as early a check in as they could do for us and explained it was for our wedding day. They were lovely but said there were no guarantees how early we could check in but to come back in the morning and they would do what they could. My DH left me at about 9 am on the day of our wedding so he could have breakfast with his family. We had bought the alcohol the day before. We got the bellman in the Signature to take it downstairs and DH caught a taxi to PH and he gave the alcohol to the bellman there who held onto it for us as DH told them he was trying to get an early check in. Sure enough he went back after breakfast and checked in (11 am) He got the bellman to bring the alcohol up and called room service for the extras we needed. By the time I met him there for our first look at 3 pm. He had put the napkins out, the snacks out, sodas in the fridge and it was already to go. I was of course stressed out by the whole thing as I didn't know what was going on, if he'd managed to get early check in etc but he says it was totally stress free. We left the suite at 3.30 pm and got back there at midnight and partied! It you'd like some photos e mailed then that might be faster than waiting for me to update my bio! Pip.x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would love to see some photos! s.vanpraag@hotmail.co.ukthanks for all the info! x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards