Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Boneyard Museum?

i know this place is popluar for photos ... i have to say, i really want some there myself!  i checked the website and it said they were closed as of december 24 for about 3 months ... does anyone know when they will open for sure?  we are there at the beginning of march and would LOVE to have some photos there ... i know this would be 2 months into their closure ... maybe its wishful thinking?

Re: Boneyard Museum?

• Options
    dreamesdreames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard this past week from a Vegas photographer that it's being cleaned up and organized in such a way that they can charge people to enter.  And once they re-open, professional photography will no longer be allowed.  So, if you want to take pictures there, you will probably need to take them before Dec 24.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took a tour in October to see if it work would for  wedding pictures. Probably but it's really dirty...your walking on dirt and alittle broken glass. They also charge you 150 for a photo shoot which is alot. There is only afew signs at this point ( sassy sally, sin, desire, wedding chapel maybe afew more worth having photo infront of. Just my opion. I think well go downtown have a few with the signs there ...there is a wedding info one.
  • Options
    annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to take pictures at the Boneyard also but I didn't think $150 was worth it. I wanted pictures with the silver slipper but it's not there anymore (they put it on a nearby street).  We took pictures downtown instead, they have a few signs there and the pictures came out great. One of my favorites is next to the wedding information sign.. plus it was free...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in October 2010, and my photographer also told me that they might not let us take pictures there. Its a bummer, because thats one place that we really wanted to take photos at.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed the neon museum directly and asked.  I'll let you know what I hear.  We're not getting married until May and when I inquired a number of months ago, they told me as long as they weren't under construction they would be happy to accommodate photos.We're going to be down in Vegas in early December and if pictures for the wedding aren't possible, I'd at least like to do engagement pictures then.  I don't see why the museum would turn down $150-200 per session, but who knows.
  • Options
    ShaunaCookShaunaCook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the replies girls!  mhoneybee - i look forward to hearing what they had to say!thanks again!
  • Options
    LellsBellsLellsBells member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey AlmostMrsCook I'm getting married on Feb 26th & wanted some pics in the Boneyard. I contacted them and they confirmed that they will be closed but they're not 100% certain when they will re-open so they said to contact them closer to my wedding date ...fingers crossed :-) I'll let you know if I hear anything else x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards