Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Firefly on Paradise

Hello ladies! I'm sort of new to the board-- I've been lurking for a while :) Our Vegas wedding is set for March 12, 2010. Treasure Island for the ceremony and Firefly for the reception (for now). Anyhoo, I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with Firefly, the tapas restaurant off the strip. We were planning to do our reception there, b/c the food and atmosphere have rave reviews, but our banquet manager is terribly unresponsive (via email AND phone). I'm just a little frustrated at this point. Just to be safe, can anyone point me in the direction of a restaurant where we can have a meal and open bar for around $60 pp? Thanks in advance! I love this board, the information is just invaluable. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Re: Firefly on Paradise

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Firefly.  I've been there a few times with some girlfriends and the atmosphere is really nice the food is great and we always have fun.  I know a lot of people have their receptions at Maggianos and I know they hold more than 60 people.Hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love firefly- going this weekend actually! Cute funky decor inside and delicious food and sangria. But for other restaurant rec's maybe try grand lux at venetian or palazzo- we had a consumption bar for close to that price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to an event or reception there, but I ate there a couple weeks ago for the first time and LOVED it! The atmosphere is very warm and inviting, and the service was great. =) Very professional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I don't have any experience with Firefly, but if you have any questions about TI, I'm your girl! :-)Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Firefly is great! Very funky and cool inside, although not a huge place. We go there often and the food is always great. This is a very popular place tho, I dont know how easy it would be to rent it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  After my FI sensed my frustration this week, he called up our banquet coordinator and set things straight. She's been emailing me up a storm since.I AM happy to hear so many people say such great things about Firefly... I'm super excited to have our reception there. They have a back room that can hold 100 with a dance floor. We'll only have half that, so there will be plenty of room for us. I'm meeting with our banquet staff on our scouting trip in December, so I'll come back with a full report for anyone who's interested in using the restaurant for a rehearsal or reception meal. @Diane_BN: I'll definitely take you up on that if I have any questions about TI. Claudia is our coordinator and I've heard some not so great things. So far, so good... so here's hoping it stays that way.  Thanks, again everyone :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Firefly! I'm planning on going there for dinner the night of our bachelor/bachelorette party. You'll love it, and they're famous sangria.
  • Options
    stephj333stephj333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've been looking at the Firefly for a reception as well but don't see open bar packages on their website. Would you mind sending me your info on the dinner/bar package? Email is starbright333@gmail.com and thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards