Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Morning After Brunch?

My wedding is a little over a week away, and I still haven't decided on where to have a day after brunch! I just know that I want to have one, and simply leave an open invite for whoever happens to still be in town around 11am the next day to come. Do you think a buffet would be able to take a party of up to 20 (I'm guessing this is how many people may end up coming) and seat us together without reservations? Or should I try to make reservations? I'm just nervous about doing that, as I don't really have a clue of how many guests we'll have the next day... Also, any suggestions on an awesome brunch buffet (preferably with champagne) under $30 would be greatly appreciated (we're already doing Spice Market for our reception)! I have a few in mind, but for some reason I'm having a difficult time making up my mind on this one. Thanks!

Re: Morning After Brunch?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing- an open invite, non hosted brunch. We had ours at the Luxor buffet since abut 75% of our guests were staying there anyways. It turned out great- I think we had about 20-25, just showed up at about the same time and spoke with the hostess. They had us seated in about 10 minutes, no problems. I would keep in mind that Luxor is definitely not one of the most popular buffets on the strip (like Bellagio, PH, Wynn, Paris) and there was no wait on a Sunday morning- not sure how much harder it would have been if there would have been a long wait line. I believe it was under $30, had champagne (sunday brunch), and was pretty good for a mid tier buffet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jasca, we're doing ours at Flamingo but they wouldn't take a reservation without us paying for everyone up front which we didn't want to do. So we're planning to just all show up at the same time and get seated as close together as possible! They said they would do their best. I'm not too worried about it. We're going casual after all the planning for the meet & greet and wedding dinner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $25 pp at the Bellagio for the Sunday Brunch without champagne. With chanpagne I think it was $30 pp. We ate at 2 buffets while there; Bellagio, MGM, and Spice Market. The Bellagio was the favporite by far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a casual non-hosted brunch at the Buffet at TI. I think we had about 15 folks. No reservations or deposits were required. (Review in bio for more details.) I think Cravings at Mirage was also able to do thisbut we chose TI because that's where we stayed.
  • Options
    Smithbr3Smithbr3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jasca- i am thinking about spice market for my reception- do they let you bring in your own cake? how far in advance did they let you make reservations and one more question- did u have to pay up front, since i am still waiting on ppl to rsvp. any help much appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smithbr3- The Spice Market has been very easy to work with. I think we had to wait till it was 3 months before to make our reservation, so you should be fine. We guessed we were going to have around 80 people, so they said to just call 2 weeks before our wedding with the final numbers. It ended up being closer to 60, and they were fine with that. Also, they allow outside cakes. We're using LV Cake Designs (they charge a $50 delivery fee). They have a $5 cake cutting fee, but that's not bad at all. They will offer the option of having PH make a cake for you, but I don't think it's worth it compared to the prices of bakeries out there. They faxed us over their cake form, and I wasn't impressed with their prices or options. So yeah... hope this info helps. And thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm thinking of going with Cravings, especially since it's fairly close to the hotel we'll be at. But I'm happy to hear a reservations shouldn't be needed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Smithbr3, I forgot- They don't charge up front. They require a credit card to be on file just to hold the reservation, but they don't charge anything to it or require it to be used for your bill.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow- is that a $5 cake-cutting fee per person?? That would b about $300 just to eat the cake you bought somewhere else?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's actually $10, and I'm about 100% sure that's the total fee... Because that would be pretty nuts otherwise. Now you've got me a little worried... heh. If it is per person, I'll cut my own cake:P But anywho, they never said "per person" they just said that was their fee. So I'm hoping for the best! I don't think they'd charge $30 a person and then charge a third of that to simply cut and serve a cake...
  • Options
    Smithbr3Smithbr3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards