Nevada-Las Vegas

Martini upgrade at Maggiano's

I'm frustrated...I had just enough people coming to the wedding reception to meet the room mininum at Maggiano's. In the past week, I have had 2 of my guests drop and 6 from finace's side. Now we are about $1,000 below the minimum. I have already booked an outside cake, florist, band and limos and paid the deposits. Now I have to figure out a way to spend $1,000 3 weeks before the wedding. I am so frustrated because of all the overtime I have worked to pay for the wedding. Now I'm basically flushing $1,000 down the toilet. Anyone upgraded to the martini bar at Maggiano's? Is it only martinis or the regular bar + martinis??? Any other ideas of how to use up the $$$? Anyone else ever had this situation happen to them??? Thanks.

Re: Martini upgrade at Maggiano's

• edited December 2011
    We were sort of in the same situation and Cassy helped us to figure out what we could do to get up to the minimum.  We had all 3 rooms and about 67 guests and in the end we just made it.  We LOVED our martini bar upgrade and the guests did too.  The upgrade is $4 a person and is just an add on to one of the other bar packages.  We had the 4 hour premium bar package.  My bio has a picture of the martini's lined up.  My sister had the bartender make up all the martinis and then all of us lined up and did a taste test of them, it was a lot of fun.  Our guests loved all the bar options and really loved the martinis.  Another thing we did to help meet the minimum, was we had linens for all our tables in our wedding colors.  It really helped to make the room look great and we loved the overall look on the wedding day.  Talk to Cassy about getting linens through their preferred vendor and she will make all of the arrangements for you.  Also, check out my bio for some pictures.  We loved Maggiano's and had such a great experience with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lowie77Lowie77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, We had the same problem, I just talked to Cassy and she suggested certain upgrades that met the minimum and didn't waste our money. There are alot of additions like extra appetizers, upgrading the main entree, linens, etc. Good Luck!Laura
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We upgraded to the martini bar and it was money very well spent!  Totally worth it.  We loved it and so did our guests.  We also upgraded to the beef tenderloin ($5pp) which was money very well spent as well.I agree with pps.  Talk to Cassy and I'm sure she will have wonderful suggestions.  They are so helpful and easy to work with.  GL!
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just curious about the meeting the minimum--did you all not choose a regular wedding package? We are inviting 55 people--and assuming they all show, at $77 a person, we will meet the minimum without a question! What type of package did you all go with?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Special Occasion package.  It was cheaper to have this pkg since we were ordering the cake ourselves than to choose the wedding pkg and get a credit for the cake since we weren't using it.  We used the money we saved to upgrade to the martini bar and to the beef tenderloin, and I highly recommend both!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    atl--I didn't even realize that using the special occasions menu was an option. I just went to look at it, and it's much [i]much[/i] cheaper!! (and the food options do not seem to be too different) we haven't picked our food yet; do you think it would be too late to ask to use the special occasions menu?
  • edited December 2011
    It shouldn't be too late to change to the special occasions menu, we switched right before we submitted our final menu selections with no issues.  My bio has all of our menu selections and we added the New York Strip Contadina and Garlic Shrimp Linguine along with the Martini Bar.  In the end we were just a couple hundred off of the minimum of $8K so we added a few bottles of champagne to meet it.  In the beginning I thought I would have no issues meeting the room minimum, and was surprised how far under we were.  It was actually kind of nice to be able to add the upgrades without feeling we were going over board.  In the end I was really happy with how everything turned out.  Good luck.
  • achang2001achang2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's an $8000 minimum BEFORE tax and gratuity so it's actually over $10K when all is said and done just to be at the minimum.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $8k min?! I'm guessing that has to be when you use all three rooms? We are only booking one room, and our min is $3k. Yikes--$8k scares me.
  • edited December 2011
    We encountered the SAME issue.  We ended up with a lower response rate than we anticipated.  We made up for it and met the minimum with the martini package.  I'm sort of happy it happ. this way because the maritni package was totally worth it!  :-)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards