Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Tipping the wedding co-ordinator?

For those of you who got married in a strip hotel, did you tip your co-ordinator? If so, how much? We just paid our final balance on our package and she wrote in her email to us "gratutity not included" I didn't include a tip in the final balance and figured I would give her something while we are there but I'm not sure how much. 15% seems like a lot considering the cost of the package ($2600). I don't think she has done over $300.00 worth of work since everything was done by email. Help please!

Re: Tipping the wedding co-ordinator?

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, with a statement like that I'm not sure I would tip her!In all seriousness, we did tip our WC because she was outstanding.  She really helped make our wedding ceremony special for us.  I tipped her $100 but oftentimes I wish I had tipped her more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TIPS- To Insure Prompt Service This is something that should never be asked for. Anyone who asks for gratuity or a tip is not professional. If you WC actually sent you that e mail, get through your wedding then contact her supervisor the next day and explain she was not given gratuity due to her unprofessionalism in asking for it via e mail. However, I do not know what your pkg included, and if it included limos and a meal, then she was in the right by telling you that gratuity was not included for those. HTH
  • Options
    brainardjillbrainardjill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been wondering the same thing. I would really like to hear how much people tipped their WC because I am not willing to tip 15%.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Back when I got married (not in Vegas) we gave a $100 Nordstrom gift card to the coordinator at our reception venue. The wording in your planner's email rubbed me the wrong way when I first read it, but giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was referring to the Chapel photog and the officiant or some other element of your package that is a tipped position (hopefully).  Because if she was referring to herself that's rude!
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    amykay31amykay31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious about this as well.  Did anyone tip Cashman as the package photographer? What about if you had a limo included to get your license, did you tip that limo driver?  I've not felt the WC or Chapel in general has done anything above minimal service, so I'm not inclined to tip much if anything to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will most likely tip our wedding coordinator because she answers all of my e-mails within 5 minutes and has been wonderful so far! I would tip your coordinateor whatever you feel comfortable with ($50-100 seem standard, but its YOUR money) if you feel that his/her work deserves additional recognition. If all this tipping throws you over budget, another option would be contacting your wedding coordinator's supervisor and letting he/she know how happy you were with the wedding coordinator's work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your WC is good, I would give her the benefit of the doubt and hope that she was referring to other elements of your wedding package such as the photographer, limo, etc.  We tipped our WC $100 because she was amazing during our rehearsal and our wedding day.  She made me really comfortable and really made everything flow perfectly on the day of.  $100 was definitely not 15%, but I think that is a decent tip for a WC.  I'm pretty sure she didn't expect 15% of $5K.  Tip what you can afford and what you think your WC deserves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards