Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What percentage of invited guests?

Hi! My FI and I are planning a wedding and reception at EAQ. We have to have at least 75 guests but don't want to go too much over that. I your experiences, what percentage would you guys say showed up? All would be out-of-town guests.

Re: What percentage of invited guests?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are in the same situation!  I'm sure you will get some different responders as many on this board have been married since I posed the question.  But, here is a link to a similar post of mine a month or so a go (remove the if its added).  Good luck!http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=showpost.aspx?postid=62085190
  • Options
    cgmorton21cgmorton21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect!! Thank you! Our wedding is March 27th so I'll be able to let you know how ours turns out. It seems like the majority of people invited don't come. We have a second guest list of people we'd like to invite if we get a lot of no's. We're trying to decide if we should just send them with the first round. I mean stds and everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're inviting 76 and can only fit about 50... haha... so... I'm crossing my fingers that people won't show up. I [b]never[/b] thought I would be in this situation! When I first started planning a Las Vegas wedding, I was depressed thinking that we'd have less than 10 guests, haha... now I'm scared we'll have too many!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    65 people out of 106 are coming and there might be more...Everyone is traveling from the Midwest to!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's no flat percentage that will work for you.  I think it's incredibly risky to plan for less than 100% attendance, even with a destination wedding; you never know who will decide that it's time for a vacation.I would put out feelers among friends and relatives, find out who's inclined to make the trip and who isn't.  That information would be much more relevant than the attendance rates of others.We're inviting about 55, we're expecting between 45 and 50.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    DawnyHDawnyH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in Vegas and are from the UK.  We invited about 70 thinking we would probably get 30 people or less when we looked at peoples situations etc.  We ended up with 34 people. Some of the people who came out were total surprises as there were people there who we didn't think would come that distance for us/or could afford it and then there were my 2 best friends who didn't come out who I thought would have been there to share our day.  They backed out within the last few weeks.We did get a lot of non-replies though as people thought with Vegas that it didn't matter number wise for receptions so a lot of chasing for responses had to be done.Dawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A majority of our guests were OOT as well.  We invited 240 and we ended up having 115ish attend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    easton23easton23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in San Diego so about a 4 hour car drive.  So close enough.  We invited 60 guest and had 54 come out.  Everyone loves Vegas... As we told our guest where the wedding would be people started planning there vacation around it.  Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just got married this weekend and most everything was fantastic! I will post reviews later but we invited about 250 and about 120 showed up so 50%. Just my parents and a few of their friends that were invited were local...everyone else was from out of town but depending on how far they have to travel I would say count on 50-75%.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards