Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Welcome reception help!

I'm trying to get a head start on designing our invites on Vistaprint. I'm having trouble finding the right wording for our welcome BBQ. Instead of a rehearsal dinner we want to spend time with everyone the day before the wedding (right after the actual rehearsal), so we plan on hosting a big BBQ at a local park. Pretty casual, everyone's invited....can't figure out how to convey that on paper!!Thanks ladies :)

Re: Welcome reception help!

• Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing it in the form of a little poem? Something like:While china and crystal can be just fine,All we want is to have a good time!So before we say the big 'I do'Join us at........... for a barbecue!And then follow with the details of when where to meet?Sorry the poem isn't very good! Might help as a starter though? 
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gonna be honest, really not a fan of wedding poetry.  (Though that was definitely one of the better examples.  It actually rhymes and has a meter, unlike most I've seen.)If it's right after the rehearsal, it's still a rehearsal dinner, even if it is really casual and open to everyone.  Perhaps you can call it a non-rehearsal dinner, or a rehearsal barbecue.  Definitely choose casual invitations and informal wording, and it will get the point across.  (I've been calling ours a "rehearsal" lunch, since we're not having a rehearsal but still feeding everyone.)
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards