Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Mandalay Bay brides, question for you?

Are you at all concerned with how far away MB is from the rest of the strip, and how everyone will get around? We're not requiring that anyone stay at MB with us, of couse, but everyone seems to want to, and I'm worried about how everyone will get around. It's a long walk up to mid-strip. I know there's the Deuce, but does anywhere know where near MB you can pick it up?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

Re: Mandalay Bay brides, question for you?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not really concerned.  There's a free tram that runs between Excalibur and MB, and Excalibur is just on the opposite corner from MGM Grand, which has a monorail stop.  So it might take a bit longer, but you don't actually have to walk the whole way.  We have a page on our website which covers all the possible transit options, and the ups and downs of each, and we do warn that MB is a bit of a hike.

Cabs are also plentiful and not terribly expensive, and I know that several of our guests are planning to rent cars.  I would just give them as much information as you can and let them make the decision.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nearly all of our guests are staying at either Excalibur, Luxor, or Mandalay Bay with us. We have not requested that people stay near us, but everyone has wanted to. So these 3 hotels give them different price points all within walking distance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the Tram and Monorail over the Duece.  We stay at Mandalay whenever we go to Vegas and I never feel too far away.  Mandalay provides enough promos and discount rates that I don't think guest really end up paying all that much more, and the extra is certainly worth it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards