Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hair/Make-up Trial

I'm trying to organize all my info for hair/make-up....

I'm thinking of airbrush for myself and then regular makeup for everyone else. Below are some of the more popular stylists from previous brides. Those of you who used these vendors for airbrush and hair....did you do a trial with them???

Glamsquad - does both airbrush and regular, does not include trial
Makeup in Vegas - does both airbrush and regular, does not include trial

And for those who used someone else for airbrush and hair....who did you use? Was a trial included?

Re: Hair/Make-up Trial

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Glamsquad. No trial. They will work with you until you are happy so I was fine without one. I ended up with Airbrush and my SIL's and BFF's had regular make-up.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Makeup in the 702 and did a trial the day before. I loved doing the trial for 2 reason. #1 bc it gave me some peace of mind of knowing how it was going to look and gave a chance to make adjustments if needed and #2 then my hair and makeup was done for going out the night before. Also, I loved my wedding hair trial so much that I didn't want anyone to see until the actual wedding so Deb took it down and redid it into a totally different style for me for no extra charge. I loved Megan and Deb. IMO, they were totally worth the extra money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Glamsquad and I agree with Stinkerbell, they totally work with you until your happy.
    I used airbrush for myself and regular makeup for my bridesmaids. It all turned out really well, but Im really glad I got the airbrush because it lasted all evening and it even upheld with the scorching heat that day of 106 degrees!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Lori White does a trial, not sure if she does airbrush though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prices for Lori White is great, since it includes a trial. But she doesn't do airbrush Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori white does do a trial, but you are right, no airbrushing.  However, she spent a ton of time making sure my skin looked perfect and even, and I didn;t feel like I had a ton of makeup on.  She also does false lashes, which I loved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally didn't do airbrushing bc of my bff's recommendation. She had an airbrush trial for her wedding and HATED it. The main reason I went w/ Lori White was bc the trial was included. Everyone is different. My bff felt like airbrush made her look greasy.
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Glamsquad and had airbrush. No trial because I had seen sooo many pictures of their work, I was very confident they would do a great job. 
  • Options
    jessicademahyjessicademahy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked the glam squad and the guy was super nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG I loved them already.  I booked airbrush since its going to be warm those days in vegas and he said it last all day and will make me have flawless skin lol
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do any of the vendors you mentioned...However, I did do a trial and do recommend it. It really helped to take that extra time the night before and made things speed by much quicker the next morning. (I didn't do trials for my mom and maid of honor, just myself.)
    That alone was worth the extra time and money.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other nice thing about a trial was getting to see how the style wore.  For mine, the bun was too heavy and started to come loose pretty early with the trial, so she used extra pins to secure it for the wedding and it was perfectly secure all day.

I think I did my trail about 4-6 weeks out, maybe.  It was when DH and I drove out to get the license.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The biggest pro for the trial for me was having FABULOUS hair for the night before.  We were meeting all our guests and I had a special outfit picked out.  I pulled my hair around to a side pony so it wasn't exactly what they were going to see the next day.  I got compliments all night about how nice it looked :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards