Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Centerpiece ideas

I was just wondering if anyone was doing centerpieces that weren't flowers.  The place I cantacted was over $800 just for 8 tables, and we can't keep the vases since we're from out of town.  No one wants to pack a vase to fly home (or maybe they do but I'm not paying that much for them!).

I was thinking of either renting vases (is that even possible) or maybe some candy/food stuff that I've heard mentioned here.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Centerpiece ideas

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're not doing centerpieces, but we're putting rose petals (fresh) and  6-8votives on each of the tables.  Our florist is bringing them to our hotel the morning of the wedding.  It's only going to cost us about $175 total for 8-10 tables. 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The florist that comes with my ceremony package quoted me $35 for mixed flower CPs.  You should definitely call around.  I told her no vases, just the green plastic with the green sponge...whatever she would have spent on the vase will go into the flowers now.

We Luv Flowers:
    702-982-4390 or 1-877-429-9509.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the crystal tree / manzanita branch centrepieces! I wanted these but they were not practical for our tables. Any florist can get hold of the branches pretty cheaply:

We have 2 x 12 feet of tables to decorate so I ordered fresh flower petals online in the end! I wasn't prepared to spend $400+ for flowers for a 2-hour restaurant dinner.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe something simple like a few different sized pillar candles and some rose petals? You can personalize the pillars ribbons or a monogram. We used a vase with a floating candle next to a themed tealight holder on a circle mirror and sprinkled rose petals around. It ended up costing maybe $8 per centerpiece. If you go that route and order the vases online, you can save on shipping by having them sent directly to the reception site. Or you could ask about renting vases to use for some candles, fruit, branches, etc.
  • Options
    aussiedazeaussiedaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Thanks for the ideas.  I just realized the quote we got consisted of 2 different options, but that's still too much so I'm gonna call around.  Woo!
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met a company at the MGM Bridal expo that makes large candles and wax sculptures for centerpieces.  Not sure their price range, but wax should be cheaper than flowers.

One of them was about 18" tall and made to hold roses (just the bud) sticking out from the side.  It has a groove in the top to hold a tea light (real or fake depending on venue).  It's probably hard to picture, but it has a contemporary feel to it.  I figure I could buy grocery store or whosesale roses to insert instead of paying a florist.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to make my own centerpieces.  Here is the inspiration I'm using:

We plan on adding prayer candles and a small ornate frame with the table numbers. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having glass cylinders I ordered online with floating candles and rose petals...pics im my bio!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards