Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

bouquet, cake, dress

This is going to sound like a silly question, but I'm still going to throw it out there...

Since many (if not all) of you chose Vegas as a destination wedding, did any of you decide to preserve your bouquet? What about your cake, did any of you save the top tier for your anniversary? And what are you ladies doing with your dress when you get back home??

Re: bouquet, cake, dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I didn't have any room left in my bag to get my bouquet home. So it got tossed in the hotel room. 

My reception venue packed the top tier of my cake really well for me, and I packed it in my suitcase with the rest of my stuff.  I immediately put it in my freezer when I got home.  I'll know in about 10 months how well it traveled!

I carried my dress on for the flight to vegas, but then shoved it in my suitcase for the flight back.  Only issue I had was that my dress weighed about 20 pounds, so it made my suitcase very close to being over the weight limit at the airport.  It is currently still bustled and dirty and shoved under a couch in my spare bedroom.  I am still trying to figure out what to do with it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

Ok.... I did not preserve my bouquet, but it held up for about a week (we are in CA and drove so...it went home with me). We did not save the top tier because we did not get a chance to get an extra mini fridge in the room so we did not save my totally AWESOME castle :( and....  My dress is hanging in the spare room closet waiting for me to decide what to do..??
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we drove, so getting craploads of stuff in and out of Vegas wasn't really an issue.

My bouquet was made of paper, so it's currently sitting on top of the mini-fridge in our living room.  I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it yet.  I'm planning a painting collage of all of our wedding stuff, but I don't think I want to collage the whole bouquet.  We'll see.

I've never been fond of the tradition of preserving the top tier.  Who wants to eat stale cake?  Our "cake" was actually four cookie cakes from Nestle, so we plan on ordering one every year for our anniversary.  I think our top tier was sugar cookie, but we'll probably cheat and get the white chocolate macadamia nut (which we had, but on a larger tier).

The dress is still in its bag in my bedroom.  I'm reasonably certain that I'm going to keep the detachable train and donate the dress to Brides Against Breast Cancer, I just need to get off my butt and figure out how to go about that.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bouquet lasted the remaining five days in our hotel rooms.

Dress is hanging in spare room, waiting for me to wear it briefly at our AHR Celebrations, then will be preserved.

Cake! We had cheesecake and it was amazing, and had plenty of leftovers. Wedding night we put it on ice in the bathtub, then in a mini fridge the rest of our stay in Vegas. From there, we had two catering pans as our carry-ons LOL and now it's in the freezer. We will probably bust some out during our Celebrations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We drove, but I took my bouquet home. It is currently sitting in our office on a shelf. I'm attempting to dry it.

We cut and served our top tier. We had most of our bottom tier left over, but we left it in Vegas. I want to go back for our 1 yr and get fresh cake.

Currently my dress is shoved in its bag in the guestroom closet still bustled and dirty :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I won't be preserving my bouquet and won't have a top tier - but my dress I think I'm keeping.  A very good friend of mine wears hers every year on her anniversary.  I think this is a fab tradition - instead of going out for a dinner, having a nice at home dinner.  Then putting on the dress and dancing the night away at home - just the 2 of us (assuming we'll always have a babysitter for Nathan!!).
    I would probably donate it somewhere if next year I don't want to get it out to do this though.
    I'm hoping this will be a good incentive to make sure I don't get too much fatter each year!!!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didn't save my bouquet...but wish i would have clipped a flower off of it or something. i forgot with the hustle and bustle of airports being closed because of snow back home and trying to help guests make arrangements.
    my wedding dress is still in the big suitcase i brought to vegas to bring it home. not good for the dress...i need to decide whether to clean it, try to sell it or donate it or preserve it. i think that will be one of my tasks this month.
    looking back, i wish i would have returned it to debi at fit for a bride and had her do the cleaning and preservation. i am thinking of inquiring with her and biting the bullet and shipping it back to her. i am not trusting anyone in my small town right now...
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I forgot the tier question...like one of the other brides, we ate our top tier. we will order a small cake of some sort instead on our first anniversary. there was no way for us to bring it back with us and i couldn't see myself eating year-old cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I brought my bouquet home and am also attempting to dry it.  It traveled ok, but it did get kind of smashed on the plane so we will see what it looks like.  We didn't have a cake, so therefore no cake to save.  I am with aerin though, I have no desire to eat stale cake.  We will have a cake at our AHR, but we definitely won't be saving the top tier.  My dress is still in it's bag hanging up, I will have it cleaned eventually and probably preserve it.  Kudos to those who donate their dresses though, it is very admirable and generous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards