Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Summer Wedding Dress

Hello Ladies. I was just wondering what type (or material) wedding dresses you are wearing for your wedding if held during the summer. I hear the temp goes above 100 so I want to make sure I dont purchase a dress that will not be too hot and unbearable for my outdoor wedding. Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vegas Summer Wedding Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing tea length taffeta. Is your reception outdoors or just the ceremony???
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for responding. I only plan to do the wedding outdoors. Its scheduled for 6:30pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The sun will still be out at that time but if it's in the shade and not super long you should be ok. I'd stay away from a ball gown. If you want a long dress, I'd go with a natural fabric for breathability if you can....silk can get pricey
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is duchesse satin, but I have more of a sheath than a ballgown-- skipped the ballgown specifically because I knew the bulk of it would make me sweat like a pig in the heat, haha. If it's the dead of summer, I'd look for a light fabric like a chiffon, maybe?  At 6:30, though, you shouldn't be too bad in anything that's not overly bulky.
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto chiffon
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is silk crepe georgette but my legs were still sweaty at the fittings... Hadn't I fallen madly in love with it I'd have opted for a tea length or shorter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July 7th 2011 and my dress in full on satin... It is going to be soooo ungodly hot... I just hope my makeup doesnt drip off and fall on my white dress! EEK!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine was organza, it was nice and light.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards