Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How long is your marriage license good for?

So I know you can pre-register for your marriage license online, and according to the Clark County web site (link) that info is stored for 60 days.  However, once you've actually gotten your marriage license, how long is it good for?

FI and I are getting married in May, but have a trip to Vegas in a couple of weeks and would love to pick up that bad boy then so it's one less thing we have to do when we get there in May.  If we do that, will the marriage license we've been issued in January still be good for our May 19th wedding? 

(I tried scouring the old license threads but they were all about the pre-registration timeline...couldn't find anything re: the validity length of the actual license.  Website just says, "The expiration date of the marriage license is listed in the upper left-hand corner.")

ETA: added link.

Re: How long is your marriage license good for?

• Options
    I did a google search and found this, and before I found it I was thinking it was a year...

http://www.weddingvendors.com/marriage-license-laws/united-states/nevada/
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I think it's good for one year from the date of issuance.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
  • Options
    Yep - it's a year, we're getting married in February and picked ours up in December. The online pre-registration is THE way to go, too.  It's like the fast pass at Disneyland. 

:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_long-marriage-license-good?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:171eba90-615e-4d16-ac12-2fa6279e7fc1Post:f340922e-a792-4e10-980a-1e4cd69ab41e">How long is your marriage license good for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I know you can pre-register for your marriage license online, and according to the Clark County web site ( link ) that info is stored for 60 days.  However, once you've actually gotten your marriage license, how long is it good for? FI and I are getting married in May, but have a trip to Vegas in a couple of weeks and would love to pick up that bad boy then so it's one less thing we have to do when we get there in May.  If we do that, will the marriage license we've been issued in January still be good for our May 19th wedding?  (I tried scouring the old license threads but they were all about the pre-registration timeline...couldn't find anything re: the validity length of the actual license.  Website just says, " The expiration date of the marriage license is listed in the upper left-hand corner.") ETA: added link.
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm pretty sure it is a year. my FI and I are getting married May 20 and we will be in Vegas Jan 20-23 and we are picking up our license when we are there.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards