Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Contracts......

Hi everyone,
                       I'm still over a year away from my wedding date, I haven't officially booked anything yet but I pretty much know which vedors I'll be using and for what.

Anyway, my question is, as I'm UK based, I'm obviously not able to speak face to face with any vendors I'll be using so, do I need to ask for contracts? Which vendors should I get contracts from? MUA? Chapel (COTF)? Photographer? We're having a very tiny wedding - just myself and the groom ;) so I'm not going to be juggling loads of vendors.

What kind of things need to be included in the contracts? Are there any handy websites I can check out for some info on this? I really want to know (or atleast appear to know!) what I'm doing before I start booking stuff!

Thank you :)

Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Contracts......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All the vendors should already have contracts because they want to bind you to paying and your expectations, then it's just a matter of you reviewing the contract to make sure you approve of what's in it.  For example, we required our photographer and videographer to add a clause about not publishing our pictures online without written permission.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im also a UK bride and the contracts we have signed so far we have done via email for our ceremony & photographer.
    I feel your pain at not being able to just call people up, unless we stay up real late!
    But on the plus side corresponding everything via email its all written down for you rather than you forgetting parts of the conversation, what was agreed, prices etc.
    Our contract with The Bellagio and Ron Dillon we printed off and signed and then scanned and emailed back.
    As soon as you let them know you want to book they will send you the contract, and in some cases before!
    As vegasgroom said, it should just be a case of you reviewing all the small print before you sign it as you would with any contract Smile
  • Options
    SuvaksasSuvaksas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the replies :) It's nice to know what to expect before I start asking vendors a shiz load of questions. :) I haven't even booked anything yet and I'm already very nervous about planning the whole thing long distance! Eeek!

Julie

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another UK-based bride here! :-) There are a few of us putting around the boards.

Don't worry about planning long-distance. I'd say about 80% of the people who get married there are also planning long-distance, so they vendors are pretty experienced with it, and most get back to you via email pretty quickly. 

Happy Planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow love your dress MizLynn! Good choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards