Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Recommendations: limo and cheap hair/makeup

So it looks like my contact in Cirque du Soleil wardrobe fell through, so I need someone to do my makeup and everyone's hair.  Glamsquad's out of my price range, I need someone who's good, but much more reasonably priced (as in, less than $75 per person).  Any suggestions?

Also, what are the best limo companies if I only need them for two hours?  I know I've seen various recommendations, but I can't keep them all straight.

Thanks!
This is a neglected planning bio.
This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

Re: Recommendations: limo and cheap hair/makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about hair/make-up (I am using Glamsquad) but I have heard http://www.bell-trans.com/ for good limo prices:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was Bell Trans and Earth Bus that had the best prices I've heard, not sure about others.

I'm just worried that the normal recommendations for a stylist are going to be out of my price range.  :/

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Humm.....Are your trying to pay for your BM's hair & make up too? That's what making my cost HIGH (haha! and they are not even tech my BM, just SIL's and BFF's! had to treat my girls!) I thought that Lori White (not sure!) will do bridal party for $50?? But yours will be higher...
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will she?  I haven't tried Lori yet, it's kind of a pain that she doesn't have a website.  The Cirque girl was going to do my hair and makeup for $100 and hair for the girls for $50 each.  I'm hoping to cover this cost for them, because logistically it's going to be much easier for us all to get ready together than to go our separate ways, since we're doing lunch before the photo tour.  But with six girls, I can't really afford more than $50.

I'll be majorly relieved once these two are booked.  These are the last major things on my to-do list, and it's getting frighteningly close.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I heard that!!?? But I would look in the faq's and e-mail her.
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have no idea about H&M, but I would recommend Presidential Limo. Our driver, Patrick, was great. The price was reasonable, and they stocked the bar with complimentary champagne.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have booked Lori White, and I just copied and pasted this info from the email she sent me when I first sought her out.

as for pricing breakdown, it is as follows:

bridal hair design and make-up    ....................$200
    bridal hair design only         ......................$100
    bridal make-up application only     ..................$100

attendants hair design and make-up ...................$100
    attendants hair design only      .....................$ 75
    attendants make-up application   .....................$ 50

mother's hair design and/or make-up ...............$50 & up
    children            .............................
    ..$25 & up

Looks like the attendents hair/make-up is a little over your budget. Maybe you could contribute $50 and your ladies can contribute the other $50? Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OOOPPS! Thanks for posting that info!
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! My MOH opted to do her own hair/make-up, but if she wanted it done, I was going to offer to pay half. Hope you find a hair/make-up person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, that's good to know.  I asked the girls how much they'd be willing to pay for hair if I couldn't cover the cost, and for all of them it was well under $50.  Looks like we're going to have to schlep everybody to a salon after all...  Balls.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try my girl Hair and Makeup by Harmony

I am paying 130 for myself and the girls are 80 bucks for hair and makeup..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know what you find for makeup- Im stuck there... but I would definitly, DEFINITLY steer far away from Bell Trans. As a local- there are ALWAYS people in town wanting to celebrate- so weve had  PLENTY of limo experience, by far, the BEST for limos- pricing, and people is diamond transportation. Ive gotten to know the owner Jason over the years and hes super fun, easy to get along with and always goes above and beyond. We use bell trans when we go on vacation, because its cheaper to get a ride there and back in their limos than it is to park at the airport, but lemme tell you- the limos are gross, and the drivers never speak english-  I only use them now, and jason has become a family friend- everytime we have guests in town they ALWAYS want to go out with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops! In case you need info- Jasons number is 702-858-4504, great guy, and let me know what you find for makeup- I made the mistake of telling my girls Ill cover makeup because they are all out of towners, and now Im regretting that, super expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards