Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Did you see other brides?

I saw a bride in my hotel the day before our wedding and it got me so excited.  The day of our wedding I ran into 2 other brides and got photos with both :)  The girl from the Bellagio was from Scotland and we looked like twins - very similar wedding looks.  It was the best way to top off the night we were just leaving the Fontana Bar after it closed and there she was.  Too much fun.

I also realized how awesome it was to walk down the strip and have total strangers say, "Congratulations"  "I love your headpiece", etc.  Even cars honked and shouted to us.  It made my night.

So from now on during our future trips we'll be sure to congratulate any brides we see.

Re: Did you see other brides?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Walking back to our hotel afte our reception is the most memorable part of the whole night!  I loved all of the attention we got (lol)!

• Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We got so much attention when we were walking around Vegas with Todd. Even the drunks on Fremont St. were congratulating us. People honking horns at Vegas sign. The best was when the hotel staff clapped and cheered for us every time we came in and out on our wedding day.

We saw 1 bride leaving CP buffet, another bride at our hotel and I think one at the Venetan when we went for our gondola ride. Oh and there was the bride who tried to steal Esther (Glamsquad) away from me in the lobby of our hotel.  

• Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't see any other brides the day of our wedding (Wednesday), but we saw plenty that weekend. Strangers were taking photos of us left and right, especially with the Blues Brothers...and even when I was getting money out of the ATM.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't see any while I was in my dress but we saw some before and after our wedding day.

It was really fun getting congratulated by everyone. I loved it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ummm...YEAH!! I saw one in my dress ....Going back to our Vista Suite for our reception! She was even staying on the same floor! lol...CRAZY.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We saw a bride w/wedding party at the Palms two weeks ago, then at Ghostbar later that night we saw at least three or four brides or bachelorette parties, hard to tell which in there, just went by the vails.  Oh, and at Fremont on a Thursday night we saw at least one bachelorette party; that one I'm pretty sure of since her vail was made out of condoms. LOL

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw alot! We saw 1 2 days before, 2 the day before, 2 others on the wedding day, and 1 the day after!! haha thats alot of brides!

And I LOVED everyone yelling at us and congratualating us while doing our strip tour.  A bunch of people were taking pictures of us and giving complements.  It made me feel special haha!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm most excited about walking around the strip in my wedding gown. I'm not generally one for being the centre of attention but I think in this case it will be a blast.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in Vegas a few weekends ago and saw one at the Hilton.  I was tempted to say something, but then I thought it just might come off creepy.

Our day isn't 'til September, but I'm wondering how it'll be.  My dress is going to be pretty big and lacy (I've had someone tell me it looks almost Renaissance-ian or something), so I figure we'll get a few stares.  Embarassed
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cinegrad - that reminds me, we actually saw one at MB when FI and I were down there a month ago and I was all excited so I said "congrats! You look gorgeous" and she completely glared and me and rolled her eyes. Um, WTF? If you're getting married in Vegas you should probably get used to people talking to you! Hope you're enjoying your super happy day you miserable cow.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We counted thirteen over the course of our stay in Vegas.  No joke.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards