Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Checks/sh1t's getting real!

About 15 of our guests booked their flights/hotels in the last 24 hours due to a fare sale on Southwest and one of Delta's competitors (Sun Country).  We're expecting around 35-40 people... so that's a huge chunk!  It's getting real now!

I got my card box from Amazon.com over the weekend, as well as my "BRIDE" iron-on crystals from etsy.  :)

I purchased some frames from IKEA today to use for table numbers, a "card" sign, and our "Mr. and Mrs." sign (sweetheart table).  The frames are only $2 each, so I figured it's about the same as buying table numbers.

I also got some new shoes to wear for the bachelor/ette party :D  Yes, I still need shoes for the ceremony, but that's a minor detail.  ;)  I tried some on today, but I can't take the plunge yet since they're rather spendy.

We're under 100 days!  Holy hannah!!!

Re: Checks/sh1t's getting real!

• Options
    Those are some great checks. You're on a roll!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    awesome checks!  It's going to fly by in no time!
  • Options
    Speaking of booming flights and hotel our BP is all booked. Great checks Cheryl. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What sale is that?????  I've been watching air fare and it only seems to be going up...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    go Cheryl! Go Cheryl! Guests booking make me so excited!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkssh1ts-getting-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d9e667d-22c3-450e-bf28-915b844f1a11Post:6a0f2bfb-5586-47d7-9ae2-02568790a375">Re: Checks/sh1t's getting real!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What sale is that?????  I've been watching air fare and it only seems to be going up...
    Posted by amber0389[/QUOTE]

I know; we have some friends that want to come out with us in March but the tickets are just getting worse and no one wants to spend $500 on a round trip.  :(

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Girrrrrl, I feel you...almost 3 months now!  A bunch of my family/friends booked their flights this past week too, so it's getting real.  FI and I spent this Valentine's Night assembling our invites (to go out late next week so we're feeling the excitement too!

Got a pic of the card box you got?  Still looking around for one over here...
  • Options
    Yes it is, 95 days to go!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkssh1ts-getting-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d9e667d-22c3-450e-bf28-915b844f1a11Post:20f05c4e-0834-400d-9092-f3eee6abd1e6">Re: Checks/sh1t's getting real!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checks/sh1t's getting real! : I know; we have some friends that want to come out with us in March but the tickets are just getting worse and no one wants to spend $500 on a round trip.  :(
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I know it has been crazy!  I actually saw flights for $280 non stop awhile ago and was mad at my family for not booking then (since I'm ALWAYS the one that has too keep an eye on it)  anyways I checked last night after seeing this and they are again back down to $280!!!  So again another phone call to my parents and I'm still not sure if either of them booked... I mean seriuosly yesterday morning flights were $380 and that was with a layover!  Just wish they'd book and take some stress off of me :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Quite a few of my guests booked this week too....getting invites out makes things sem so close but hey I'm at sixty something days...yikes! We need to find your shoes!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Awesome checks!  It's right around the corner for you!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    WOOOHOOO That is awesome!!!

*This is just opinion - I don't work for Southwest/Chase or get paid to promote them*

This deal is on their main page.  If you sign up for the Chase Southwest Card and make 1 purchase (no set dollar amount), you will get 50,000 points, which equals 2 plane tickets.  There is a 99.00 annual fee...but 99.00 for 2 plane tickets...that's a bargain to me.  There is a 5.00 additional ticketing fee per ticket, but still 109 is a bargain.  Quite a few of our guests have gotten this deal.  I recommend it to anyone who might fly Southwest.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • Options
    Great job, Cheryl!  I feel like I am so far behind now...I'd better get to work!
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkssh1ts-getting-real?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1d9e667d-22c3-450e-bf28-915b844f1a11Post:70ba0764-32d6-4a64-803e-1ba2e19e4184">Re: Checks/sh1t's getting real!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girrrrrl, I feel you...almost 3 months now!  A bunch of my family/friends booked their flights this past week too, so it's getting real.  FI and I spent this Valentine's Night assembling our invites (to go out late next week so we're feeling the excitement too! Got a pic of the card box you got?  Still looking around for one over here...
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

Hey-o!  YAY for invites!!  Here's the cardbox I got (per someone on the DIY board):

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Gift-White-Eyelet/dp/B0045HPFMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328551999&sr=8-1" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Gift-White-Eyelet/dp/B0045HPFMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328551999&sr=8-1</a>

I'm gunna slap a purple ribbon on it and call it a day.  It comes folded up in a box that's about 11"x11", and about 2-3" tall.  Super slick for throwing in the suitcase :)  Honestly?  I didn't care about my cardbox at all, so this is just fine for me.

The fare sale was actually only on Monday or Tuesday.  All the flights on Sun Country were $274 (?) RT, non stop, so a bunch of my MSP peeps booked flights.  I checked last night and they were back to $329.  Dumb.  It's also cheapest if you leave on Monday, so that's what many people are doing.  I'm not sure about Southwest - I just had a friend tell me she got a good deal!
  • Options
    Ohhhh how exciting - we are coming from the UK and the excitement everytime someone books is not wearing off Smile
  • Options
    We booked on Southwest for that weekend too & got a great price!  The prices flying out of Canada were nuts so we're driving to Buffalo and flying from there.  Actually we booked through Jackpot vacations with Southwest - got a great price for the flight & hotel combo & 2 show tickets to boot!

A bunch of our guests booked too - and some are even on the same flight as us - I'm getting soooo excited!

Congrats on the checks!! Time is flying!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome, congrats!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards