Nevada-Las Vegas

Big Check and really the first one - DRESS

Hello Knotties,

I am so happy and also relieved to share that I finally got the dress I wanted! Thank you for sharing your opinion on the two dresses I was considering.

I ended up getting the one I originally liked. That dress will end up costing $2,000 including alterations. My budget was $1,000!!!!! I feel terrible! My mom offered

to pay for the dress and I will cover the alterations (about $400). I tried so many dresses and I just couldn't find anything cheaper that I also like! My mom had originally asked to pay for my dress but now that I went over budget I feel bad for her ending up paying so much more :(

But I LOVE!!! the dress!!!! So very much! My FI and I are paying for the entire wedding with the exception of the dress and I hope I keep it all within budget. Sigh...

Re: Big Check and really the first one - DRESS

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, it's beautiful!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    I love a nice dress, but FOR ME, I just feel there are sooooo many options out there ( big bridal stores, small ones, online, offline etc) that unless I was in love with a dress, I wouldnt pay more than 1k.
    If you are in love with the dress then it is all worth it :-D
    my sis tried on a dress in a store, found the right size and  then found it online hundreds off (not sure the site)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    it's gorgeous!  I wouldn't feel too bad about spending that much on it.  This is a milestone in your life and you're going to look back on these pictures and remember how stunning you looked.

• edited December 2011
    My dress was 1800 and will end up being 2200 when it's all said and done. I don't think u spent to much but that's just me! I feel the dress is one of the most important things!
  • simoniksimonik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you did a good job considering the 2k includes alterations. Beautiful dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    I Love your dress, it looks gorgeous on you! I'm not sure how much my alterations will be but I did stay under budget, which I never thought would happen! My budget was 1,000 just like you and I ended up paying $940, not including alterations. But my grandmother payed for half so really I will stay under budget with alterations too. Which is great because my FI and I are paying for everything else ourselfs too!
  • edited December 2011
    You look stunning! I love your dress!
    Like you we are paying for everything, I was a little worried when I was looking for a dress about the price but I feel in love with one, which was slightly over budget and every other dress I tried on after that just didn't match up.
    If you feel a million dollars in it that's all that matters!
  • anniejekovaanniejekova member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! i feel so much better although the poll stats show me that I am on the pricier side of dresses...

I can't wait for it to arrive in March! :) I agree with paige that this is probably one of the biggest parts of our wedding! Since its a destination wedding, the dress is the only thing I am getting from home (Toronto, Canada) for the wedding and not choosing online...so it felt special!
  • xtanne12386xtanne12386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, I am glad you picked that one! Are you getting a belt? I know money is a big deal, especially if u spend more then planning on it. The average money a person spends on a dress for the big day is $1500 ( I read in some magazine). This is your dress for your day. My dress was $900, then I had to pay $50 to order the petite version, and $70 for a slip. Yea I wanted to spend $100, but u have one wedding dress, one day to wear it. Make it special
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I felt so lucky to have found my dress. It was one of the least expensive I tried on, and it was perfect. It was $750, and I only had to have the straps adjusted and a bustle put in, so alterations were less than $100.

The dress is one area that's really hard to compromise on. You don't want to think back to your wedding day and regret what you wore!
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards