Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

New to the LV board, hello!

Hello! I'm Spaz, getting married to Wanker on August 12th. My profile says the 11th, I realized earlier, but we changed our minds and plan on spending the 11th doing crazy vegas things. 

This will be W's first wedding, and my third. I left my first husband, who was abusive and crazy when I was uhm... 21? after marrying him at 17. I took my sons with me, and when I remarried, the ex gladly signed his rights away so they could be adopted by my new husband, and we also had a daughter together. My second husband died recently after a long battle with lung cancer, and now, at 29, I'm enganged to W. We met seven years ago playing Everquest II and quickly became close friends, which quickly turned to more when the chance was had.

Anywho, we're planning to have our ceremony at the little church of the west, doing something minimal with just our immediate families and a few superclose friends, and my kids. We'd like to have a reception for those invited, and I've done some research but I'm really a terrible (lazy) researcher. We want something not too expensive, but also not tacky. I'm not real hung up on centerpieces and whatnot. I am considering a local restaurant that has private rooms and ordering trays through them. Are there any good Mexican places anyone can recommend? We're both real big on spiciness and enchiladas and stuff.

Re: New to the LV board, hello!

• Options
    I'm not help with the Mexican recs, but awesome that you met your FI in EQII!  Former WoW player myself (I have my roots in the original EQ) so I always like to hear about gaming love. :)

Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
     I played the original eq, too! My bff's guild xfered straigth from eq1 over to eq2 at launch, and I joined, and FI happened to have been an officer in the guild in both games. Our nerd love is awesome Kiss
     Are you playing anythign now? We started playing Rift a couple of months ago, when the latest expansion sucked and when our server in EQ2 kind of started dying out. I'm having a difficult time closing out my EQ2 account, though. Aaah, memories.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

Check out Hussong's Cantina and Diablo's.

http://hussongslasvegas.com/
    http://www.montecarlo.com/restaurants/diablos.aspx

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Welcome!  Your reception idea sounds yummy- I love me some Mexican food!  I don't have any places to recommend, but I can say I wouldn't recommend Yolo's take on Mexican food at all for a reception.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  We're glad you're here :)

We're gamers, too, but our current game of choice is Settlers of Catan on PS3 Arcade.  I've never really played a MMORPG. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_new-to-the-lv-board-hello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1e111029-884f-4bbb-99cd-95581db81855Post:65374d55-b457-4cc4-8762-ff9e8e87e7e5">Re: New to the LV board, hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I played the original eq, too! My bff's guild xfered straigth from eq1 over to eq2 at launch, and I joined, and FI happened to have been an officer in the guild in both games. Our nerd love is awesome  Are you playing anythign now? We started playing Rift a couple of months ago, when the latest expansion sucked and when our server in EQ2 kind of started dying out. I'm having a difficult time closing out my EQ2 account, though. Aaah, memories.
    Posted by spaznoid[/QUOTE
    <div>
    </div><div>I'm dabbling in SWTOR a bit, which I love (full disclosure: my company makes it, but that's not why I like it!), but my wedding planning is getting in the way of my gaming lately.  Funny how that happens, eh?</div><div>
    </div><div>Totally know what you mean getting out of EQ.  I very recently cancelled my WoW account after about 7 years of playing and it was kind of heartbreaking, but I didn't have the time to keep up with it anymore and I would curse ActiBlizzard every time the auto-bill hit my bank account, haha.</div>
  • Options
    welcome and congrats!!  This board is super helpful (although I can't help on the Mexican rec's)
  • Options
    Welcome!!! Im getting married at The Little Church of the West too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for a resturant for a reception for sometime now!!! Good Luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards