Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

African American Barbers and Hairstylist

I am getting married in 2011 June.. I will need someone to do my hair and my fiance will need someone to cut his.
 Any ideas???

Re: African American Barbers and Hairstylist

• Options
    mojodrew1mojodrew1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there's Jamaica Barbers on owens st between J  and H streets.  not the best neighborhood but they give good cuts.  Catherine on Tropicana and Pecos suite 200 if I'm not mistaken does hair for the Lion King dancers so I'm pretty sure she does well.  Hope this helps and if you need some more local input, hit me up at info@soulweddings.com  , good luck.

mojo drew
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.. Ill check it out!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

sorry I can not help you, I am getting married in May and have not found anyone to do my hair and make up ,I know one bride just went to the Mac store ,I just may have my MOH do my hair and make up.oh I did try criglist and email a few ladies.But I am not sure how that is going to work. Good Luck!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also look into Bella Brides, they are multicultural.

I used Glamsquad for my make up and they were great.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I relax my hair and was worried about this but I'm using Francesca Lombardo (Bobbie Pin Beauty) and she has different ethnicities on her website and they look great. She also does the hair/makeup for Olga from Iseesexy (boudoir pictures). I just saw some AA brides that look great on there!. I am going to wash and get it set a couple of days before the wedding so she'll just style it. 

www.BobbiePinBeauty.com
    www.IseeSexy.com
    http://blog.iseesexy.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooo much ladies.. **Encore Bride" Send pics of your hair and make up.. My wedding is not until 06/25/2011..
    Thanks Again!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_african-american-barbers-hairstylist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:215ab3b2-c566-4171-88e5-dee19fd9dbfePost:920e4929-aef2-431e-9ae4-b46b2d6acb24">Re: African American Barbers and Hairstylist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks sooo much ladies.. **Encore Bride" Send pics of your hair and make up.. My wedding is not until 06/25/2011.. Thanks Again!!
    Posted by Dionesjumpingthebroom[/QUOTE]

I will definitely post pictures and reviews as soon as we get back!
  • Options
    qsmith74qsmith74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you all find anyone to do your hair?  I am getting married 9-10-11 and I still have not found anyone!  help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards