Nevada-Las Vegas

Advice about our DDB

Hello LV ♥ers!

I have booked and paid in full, a 2-hour DDB strip tour with stops at the LV sign and the Bellagio. It's scheduled for immediately following our ceremony at IP, 5-7pm in AUGUST. This is the hottest part of the day and I'm worried about it. Plus, I'll be in a long mermaid style wedding dress.

I'm considering moving the tour (if possible) to a night tour M&G the evening before the wedding. I will have to book limo busses or something for transportation of guests from the ceremony to the reception still.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Advice about our DDB

• I'd personally move it.  If the sun is still up, your guests won't have shade and some may opt to sit in the bottom.  Even if there's no sun, it'll be blazing hot.  Granted, I am really sensitive to the heat.

If you decide to keep it as-is, I'd have plenty of water and fans for your guests.
  • I think moving it to the night before is a great idea - kind of like a meet 'n greet. Plus Vegas at night is fantastic. I know that will probably up your wedding budget, but it will be worth it considering you will be a happy not sweaty bride and your guest will also be happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_advice-about-our-ddb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:224d2f5c-d9fa-4b45-9232-18506635cb51Post:1edf6e29-8efe-4737-a289-c7b5ade439d7">Re: Advice about our DDB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd personally move it.  <strong>If the sun is still up, your guests won't have shade and some may opt to sit in the bottom</strong>.  Even if there's no sun, it'll be blazing hot.  Granted, I am really sensitive to the heat. If you decide to keep it as-is, I'd have plenty of water and fans for your guests.
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]
    The bottom isn't air-conditioned. Blecch.<div>
    </div><div>I'd move it to nighttime. The strip is still pretty warm at night, but at least the sun won't be cooking your guests.</div>
  • I'm going to agree with PPs. Between my job and my parents living there, I've been to Vegas many an August...and it is very HOT during the day! If you can work out the details, and fit it into your budget...I'd say, do it.
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • Thanks, ladies. This is what I thought but needed your reassurance. I'll call Mike at DDB tomorrow.
  • Your guests will be so much happier to be transported in A/C! I had a nighttime DDB tour for a M&G at the end of September and it was in the 90s and it was still HOT in the lower level. You would be miserable for sure! Good luck and have fun! The DDB was one of the best events of my whole wedding.
  • I would do the night M&G!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's a good time frame for the night tour? Where would we stop at night? I want to do Fremont street, but would it just drop us off there and then we'd have to find our way back to our hotels?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards